Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

42 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

Just a reminder that every off-season we are told about surprise, over and elite performers. I'd venture to say the majority of times that doesn't pan out. I've become numb to these types of reports as much as the doctored S&C photos. It's all just noise. Let's see the results on the court.

While true, the players he’s been highlighting were good at a school prior to IU, with the cj gunns of the the world we didn’t see any of it on the court his freshmen year. MR and KC both showed they can be great at their prior schools. 

44 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME CJ GUNN WASN'T AWESOME?!!?

eek - you make a very good point.

Ha

One of my favorite off season memories was reading how Jeremiah Rivers, prior to the season he averaged 3.8 ppg, was absolutely tearing it up offensively.

I know I’m the #1 Mike Woodson hater, but I think the roster is solid.  If Mgbako just plays a little bit better D we’re going far on just talent alone.  I think his shot will be better because naturally you now know what to expect out of D1 Basketball. Talent alone we make it to the sweet sixteen. 

4 hours ago, Banksyrules said:
4 hours ago, DChoosier said:

Ha

One of my favorite off season memories was reading how Jeremiah Rivers, prior to the season he averaged 3.8 ppg, was absolutely tearing it up offensively.

Tamar Bates won an offseason trophy too

47 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Eh tu Stuhoo? I’m the original starter of the fire Woodson thread…… surely that’s top 5 ? You hurt me Sir. You hurt me bad.

Until you get to the “I’d rather see Woodson lose than IU win a national championship with him” level you’ll never be a #1 hater contender 

16 hours ago, DChoosier said:

Ha

That was a good one. My personal favorite was that guy marc-michael (or whatever his name was) was looking like a pro in closed practice. 

Of course, we were so bad back then my immediate thought wasn’t that Guy was any good but that the rest of posts were terrible. Sadly my intuition was correct there. 

17 hours ago, rcbowla said:

Just a reminder that every off-season we are told about surprise, over and elite performers. I'd venture to say the majority of times that doesn't pan out. I've become numb to these types of reports as much as the doctored S&C photos. It's all just noise. Let's see the results on the court.

https://x.com/NBADraftWass/status/1840844822875181463

I agree, but this is a kid who dropped a 30 bomb on Arizona and 28 on Washington St. It’s very different than placing expectations on a kid who’s never done it.

8 minutes ago, str8baller said:

That was a good one. My personal favorite was that guy marc-michael (or whatever his name was) was looking like a pro in closed practice. 

Of course, we were so bad back then my immediate thought wasn’t that Guy was any good but that the rest of posts were terrible. Sadly my intuition was correct there. 

Strangely enough, that was true!

Guy Marc-Michel finished out at Northern Idaho in 2010 and has been a pro in Europe ever since. Still getting a bball salary in France at age 35!

On 9/30/2024 at 1:26 PM, rcbowla said:

Not to mentioned after a few games against cupcakes, start hearing how deep we are.

CJ gunn was also tearing it up last summer and was going to play major minutes.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

On 10/1/2024 at 7:59 AM, Stuhoo said:

Strangely enough, that was true!

Guy Marc-Michel finished out at Northern Idaho in 2010 and has been a pro in Europe ever since. Still getting a bball salary in France at age 35!

That’s kind of incredible even with all the crappy leagues they have over there.