Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DoctorP

Xavier Arrested...

17 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Is that actually the NCAA rules? I thought NCAA drug testing was only conducted during tournaments. I thought member schools had to create a drug testing program within NCAA guidelines and responsible for administering that program (what Syracuse got in trouble for several years ago). Also, I didn't think first offenses were 3 game suspensions.

Also, does the staff carry drug tests on the road?

(these are legit questions in case you felt I was talking down to you I get that text might be difficult to determine that)

I see you didn't answer my questions? Can I get a link to where the players were suspended for pot?

Here is the updated NCAA policy that was changed in the fall of 21. This is the NCAA policy, IU and the Big Ten are allowed to have their own which used to be the 3 games. IU trainers should have tests on them, if they don't any Target, Wal-Mart, CVS will have them. I believe the IU players were tested and passed the test before the NW game. 

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/2/25/media-center-committee-adjusts-thc-test-threshold.aspx

22 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Kind of my same thought on both Trayce and Race's decisions......the longer a decision isn't given out, the better the chances are of them staying.

Trayce has until April 24th to declare for the NBA draft which means he has 2 1/2 weeks.There is still plenty of time for him to decide to go pro.  I suspect he will ,make an announcement that he is or isn't during the week of April 18 leading up to the deadline to declare. Trayce has the benefit of being the son of an NBA player who has reliable connections. His father can speak with NBA scouts and executives and pass along honest advice regarding which course is in Trayce's best interests. 

I agree regarding Xavier. If Woodson was going to dismiss him, he likely would have moved quickly. 

25 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I see you didn't answer my questions? Can I get a link to where the players were suspended for pot?

Here is the updated NCAA policy that was changed in the fall of 21. This is the NCAA policy, IU and the Big Ten are allowed to have their own which used to be the 3 games. IU trainers should have tests on them, if they don't any Target, Wal-Mart, CVS will have them. I believe the IU players were tested and passed the test before the NW game. 

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/2/25/media-center-committee-adjusts-thc-test-threshold.aspx

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/mike-woodson-can-relate-to-disciplinary-measures-as-coach-from-his-time-as-an-iu-player/

Woody was caught smoky pot in Alaska? Should have used (?) for the current players. Can he discipline the current players, for whatever they did, because he was put on probation once for smoking pot? Can we use a good quote about discipline from Woody or no, after all he's a flawed human being like the rest of us? Can anyone discipline anyone or use quotes because they're not the holy one?

This might be behind a paywall but not sure. It explains what the officer saw and wrote in his report. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2022/04/03/indiana-hoosiers-basketball-point-guard-xavier-johnson-arrested/7262363001/

So he was driving down Walnut by Denny's when the cop was on College saw him doing 90. X turned right onto 45/46 bypass then right into his apartment complex. The cop followed him and saw him changing seats with the passenger sitting behind him. 

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/mike-woodson-can-relate-to-disciplinary-measures-as-coach-from-his-time-as-an-iu-player/

Woody was caught smoky pot in Alaska? Should have used (?) for the current players. Can he discipline the current players, for whatever they did, because he was put on probation once for smoking pot? Can we use a good quote about discipline from Woody or no, after all he's a flawed human being like the rest of us? Can anyone discipline anyone or use quotes because they're not the holy one?

I guess I don’t get what you’re asking.  Are you asking if someone who has been disciplined prior then do the disciplining later?  I would think that if anything it would make them more qualified to do so.

26 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

This might be behind a paywall but not sure. It explains what the officer saw and wrote in his report. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2022/04/03/indiana-hoosiers-basketball-point-guard-xavier-johnson-arrested/7262363001/

So he was driving down Walnut by Denny's when the cop was on College saw him doing 90. X turned right onto 45/46 bypass then right into his apartment complex. The cop followed him and saw him changing seats with the passenger sitting behind him. 

So Moulden was southbound on College, south of 45/46bypass, but then turned around at old 37 (which is 1.43 miles north of the 45/46bypass). This math doesn't Jive. 

1 minute ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

So Moulden was southbound on College, south of 45/46bypass, but then turned around at old 37 (which is 1.43 miles north of the 45/46bypass). This math doesn't Jive. 

I've yet to figure that one out too. Maybe that little turn around area by where steak & shake used to be

7 minutes ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

I’m ignorant to cop tech so I may be totally missing something, but if he was driving…how did he get a radar reading? Is that a thing?

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I've yet to figure that one out too. Maybe that little turn around area by where steak & shake used to be

? Don't think so but what ever I guess. I'm just dissecting crap. Then the running the stop sign. I don't know for 100% sure, but that very well may be a private road inside the complex and not a public road way, which if true, would make that a total nothing! 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m ignorant to cop tech so I may be totally missing something, but if he was driving…how did he get a radar reading? Is that a thing?

I'm pretty sure they automatically record anything and calculate on coming traffic speed, vrs the speed of the cop car going in the opposite direction. Then there should also be a "lock" button to record a reading for documentation/ proof purposes. 

Starting to sound more and more like BS on the details submitted by the officer. So he was going 90, but and you were able to whip around and catch him immediately in time to notice the seat changing? Also no way that’s an accurate radar read that will hold up, you don’t just have your radar out while you’re driving to tag cars going the opposite direction. And doubt you are able to get it out for a read as a car flies by you going 90, and also don’t know if it would even be an accurate read if you are also moving in the other direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I was wrong about radar it seems but still just smells like BS to me. Obviously didn’t help themselves with the shenanigans after parking but I’m firmly in the “less dramatic than reported” camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk