Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ O$U - 2/21/22 @ 7:00 on FS1-TV

2 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Absolute trash. Even Dakich is having a hard time defending Woody on Twitter. The sky is falling.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It's more than just this game. After all the hype and hoopla of the hire, games started and you could see all the warts. The coaching hasn't done much to address those warts. We've had some good wins when a player went off or we caught teams at the right time. These players aren't as bad as they're playing.

1 hour ago, Trish said:

I warned everyone prior to the season. 

DO NOT BRING IN PITTSBURG TRANSFERS! 

You're going to stereotype hundreds of Pittsburgh guards based upon your opinions of two?  That seems pretty simple minded.

Other than Rob's 3 to beat the PUs, we've been absolutely, dreadfully, painfully horrid in late-game clutch situations. 

Do we not practice that? I just don't get it. When we're in a tight situation, we are just hopelessly clueless. 

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Honestly not sure how this program ever gets fixed. Probably just going to have to get lucky somehow. 

Bring in multiple studs.  How they manage to do that, IDK, but this is a bottom 5 roster.

Woody & Co. need to bulldoze this roster - toot sweet!

Woody and company need to take a look in the mirror as well! Having Stewart guard one of the better players each and every night is a disaster but yet we just keep doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO IU basketball is actually dead if the “IU guy” plan didn’t work out. What will save us now?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Well I haven't completely given up on Woodson yet! Stressing the yet. I fear though we are seeing the end. Wasn't even remotely sure he was the right iu guy anyway from the start but that's doesn't matter it is who we have. Iu basketball died but when is the real question

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

IU HC is like a union gig. 

Doesn’t matter if you fall asleep during training and don’t do the work.  Your gonna be around a long time 
I don't see how you can put this on woodson. Layups and free throws, not a player on this team with touch around the rim. No basketball IQ on this team and no heart.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

An entirely new staff but same players and the same exact results. Cursed.

3 new starters, but yeah. Players make the coach more than the other way around. We have a point guard that can’t shoot or make layups.
A scoring guard that can’t get open and can’t guard anyone. We have a small forward that provides nothing. A hard working 4 that is offensively limited and maybe undersized and an undersized All-American 5 who is generally very good but matchup dependent. IQ is awful. Always make the wrong decisions in crunch time. Always.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, maharkn said:

I don't see how you can put this on woodson. Layups and free throws, not a player on this team with touch around the rim. No basketball IQ on this team and no heart.

Who do you think is supposed to teach basketball and inspire heart 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Other than Rob's 3 to beat the PUs, we've been absolutely, dreadfully, painfully horrid in late-game clutch situations. 

Do we not practice that? I just don't get it. When we're in a tight situation, we are just hopelessly clueless. 

Truth.  But how do you practice pressure situations like that?  It's frustrating.

1 minute ago, maharkn said:

Like always, it’s on both. Race on that last play was a lost puppy. 

But Woodson 100% should’ve called a timeout to pretend to draw something effective up. This isn’t the NBA in 2013 with Melo. This is Indiana Basketball with Tamar Bates throwing up a heave shot. 

7 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

IMO IU basketball is actually dead if the “IU guy” plan didn’t work out. What will save us now?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Have we tried hiring a good basketball coach. By my count we hired one since knight and we chased him off faster than the ones who couldn’t coach 

9 minutes ago, DLG3 said:

What even is this garbage of a product that’s supposed to be basketball? I turned it on (against my better judgment) for the last 2 minutes of regulation and overtime, and it couldn’t have looked worse. I know the talent isn’t great, but am I supposed to believe the coaching is anywhere near competent?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What this team lacks in talent they make up for by being dumb.  

I really, really miss having smart basketball in an IU jersey. I’d rather be scrappy and know how to play than this. I checked out for 10 min or so and can’t fathom that I missed a single thing worth watching.