Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Dissenting opinion.. Don't do that Scot!

(I know I know, it's all in good fun, right?)

Scot has always been free to dissent/post as he/she pleases.

Others are free to dissent with Scot.

32 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Reese Taylor has entered the portal. Rumor is he will end up at Purdue. They already offered him a starting spot next year. Just a rumor but we'll see

Did it look as though playing time would be an issue for Reese next season?

46 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Reese Taylor has entered the portal. Rumor is he will end up at Purdue. They already offered him a starting spot next year. Just a rumor but we'll see

This is a HUGE loss correct?  CB#2 and special teams?  

13 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Reese is a big loss no matter how you cut it. Special teams ace and a really damn good cover corner. Mullen had been moving inside a lot at the end of last season leaving Jaylin and Reese as the 2 main corners. There isn’t a Reese Taylor-level player waiting in the wings right now unless Trevell has a Tiawan-like first season which is a really really big ask. 

Meh. I think the team will be fine without him. And it was clear Matthews was the way better returner before getting hurt. You won't even notice he's gone. 

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Meh. I think the team will be fine without him. And it was clear Matthews was the way better returner before getting hurt. You won't even notice he's gone. 

This is by far the biggest non-McFadden loss of the offseason. It isn't even close. We have 2 B1G-level corners and one of those is coming off a season full of injuries. His absence will absolutely be noticed.

52 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Who's your third corner?

Literally anyone can step in and help us win 2 games next year. Him leaving won't hurt. He was just a meh corner. He wasn't anything amazing. We aren't losing Tracy Porter. He's replaceable. Just like he was a replaceable returner with someone who can actually make plays. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Literally anyone can step in and help us win 2 games next year. Him leaving won't hurt. He was just a meh corner. He wasn't anything amazing. We aren't losing Tracy Porter. He's replaceable. Just like he was a replaceable returner with someone who can actually make plays. 

Well last year when Taylor was hurt we ended up using Noah Pierre at corner.

Reese Taylor is worlds better as a corner than Noah Pierre.

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

There's the answer I was looking for. This is ignorant. He led the team in PBUs in 2020 lol.