Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Where does IU Football go from here

25 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Overall I agree with what you're saying here. However, I don't think competent play calling would help. That front 5 is the reason we're seeing no production from the QB and RBs. Which you pretty much covered in point number two.  I would add a new strength/conditioning coach to this list because this team hasn't developed like I've seen in the past.  

Better playcalling would’ve helped. Too many QB draws, not throwing over the middle, not getting creative to make up for offensive deficiencies, formations to get an extra blocker in place, etc. 

20 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Better playcalling would’ve helped. Too many QB draws, not throwing over the middle, not getting creative to make up for offensive deficiencies, formations to get an extra blocker in place, etc. 

We basically never throw in space in the middle. Seems like every pass is a slow developed route to the outside. 

2 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

In my opinion, it all starts and stops with the front 5.  It doesn't matter what you call if the front 5 can't execute.  And that's been the case for this front 5 the entire season.  

1 hour ago, iubb said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing's going to happen right now....I mean I guess waiting until the end of the season is fine. Doesn't really matter at this point I guess. But that was a job losing performance and effort. Whether that be staff or players who need to lose their starting job. With nothing left to play for but pride and facing what is the best chance to get a win the rest of the way and we come out we put in our worst effort of the season, getting embarrassed by a really bad team. It's hard to believe the staff have the locker room at this point. I have a feeling Coach Allen knows what changes he's going to make already. Why not pull the trigger on Monday after a performance like that to shake things up and let everyone know how unacceptable it is? 

2 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Nothing's going to happen right now....I mean I guess waiting until the end of the season is fine. Doesn't really matter at this point I guess. But that was a job losing performance and effort. Whether that be staff or players who need to lose their starting job. With nothing left to play for but pride and facing what is the best chance to get a win the rest of the way and we come out we put in our worst effort of the season, getting embarrassed by a really bad team. It's hard to believe the staff have the locker room at this point. I have a feeling Coach Allen knows what changes he's going to make already. Why not pull the trigger on Monday after a performance like that to shake things up and let everyone know how unacceptable it is? 

Like it or not, Tom Allen isn’t going to fire anyone to score style points. Like you said, it’s not going to change much of anything to fire anyone now.

If Allen was a serious coach, Sheridan would be gone by Monday and Ty Fryfogle wouldn’t play another down. But he’s not, and I bet the players who blatantly quit today will still trot out and play next Saturday too. #LEO

Yah. No. You don’t fire any coaches unless you have a solid replacement lined up.

So it’s Perfectly fine to wait till after the season.

Perhaps the coaches he has in mind won’t be “available” till after the season. (Ie they are currently employed by another school)

7 minutes ago, iubb said:

Yah. No. You don’t fire any coaches unless you have a solid replacement lined up.

So it’s Perfectly fine to wait till after the season.

Yah. No. They’re going to be fired at the end of the season anyway. Send a message by sending them home now. Todays performance was unacceptable  

Then again, firing a coach before the end of the season got us in this mess in the first place, so maybe you’re right. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yah. No. They’re going to be fired at the end of the season anyway. Send a message by sending them home now.

Then again, firing a coach before the end of the season got us in this mess in the first place, so maybe you’re right. 

And what exactly does “sending a message” accomplish? It sounds cute but means nothing. 

Florida “sent a message” last week by firing their defensive coordinator and fcs Samford put up 42 points in the first half against them.

6 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

And what exactly does “sending a message” accomplish? It sounds cute but means nothing. 

Florida “sent a message” last week by firing their defensive coordinator and fcs Samford put up 42 points in the first half against them.

It sends a message that their performance is unacceptable and you aren’t going to accept it moving forward. It sets the tone that you’re serious about fixing this disaster of a team. If we follow your logic, benching players for poor performances and putting in inferior players to replace them is pointless too because it just “sounds cute” but “doesn’t accomplish anything.” What has Nick Sheridan done to deserve a job come Monday?