Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Where does IU Football go from here

31 minutes ago, iubb said:

Yah. No. You don’t fire any coaches unless you have a solid replacement lined up.

So it’s Perfectly fine to wait till after the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? Coaches get fired all the time during the year w/o having a replacement ready. Sheridan should've been fired 3 weeks ago. Everything involving his offense is bad. Season is lost already. Whats the point in keeping him in there to keep being a horrible and inept coacj to our players. 

17 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Firing assistants before the season ends does nothing but ease the minds of fans who want change and are scared they may not get it. 

We have two very winnable games left on the schedule, including one against our biggest rival. Do you think keeping Nick Sheridan and our other god awful assistants make it more or less likely that we’ll win our last two games? I’m sure we have someone else on our sideline who can call QB draws on third down to take his place.

This isn’t the NFL. We don’t get a higher draft pick if we lose out. We just make it more likely that we lose recruits and lose more momentum. We won’t make a bowl game, but winning the last two games will do much more good for our program moving forward than losing in embarrassing fashion like we did today would. 

Firing the entire offensive staff is a starting point. Maybe the RB coach is fine? Hard to evaulate this year given what he had to work with. Sheridan should have been fired 3 weeks ago. 

Defensive staff is fine I guess? The defense was always put in horrible positions every week by the offense. But the defense took huge steps back this year so changes there wouldn't be the worst, 

Really commit to McCulley. More RPO. Actually use his legs in ways that aren't him just running for his life. 

On 11/7/2021 at 3:40 PM, Magnanimous said:

Tom Allen’s ability to recruit and motivate a defense is worth its weight in gold at a program like ours. But we need to open up the checkbook and really sure up the offensive side of the ball. 

We are dead last in the conference in defense.  I think a good recruiter and motivator keeps the defense out of the basement regardless of the injury situation.

Losing is a reason recruits sometimes decommit.  Having a boring style of play is another.

Doing both....ugh.  Take the ******* training wheels off the offense already.  

I'm seriously worried that we are going to see Dexter Williams transfer in the offseason.

10 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

We are dead last in the conference in defense.  I think a good recruiter and motivator keeps the defense out of the basement regardless of the injury situation.

The thing is a lot the points we have given up was due to our turnovers on offense.  I think we have given up 4 pick 6's and today our turnovers put the defense in bad shape.

I’ve just never fully bought into Tom Allen. He’s done an okay job at IU but this is awful. Enthusiasm at an all time high for this program and they’re 2-8. I get if they went 6-6/7-5. Brutal schedule. But going 2-8… unacceptable. I’m still disappointed in the Tennessee bowl game and last year losing to a team with a losing record in their bowl. Major changes better happen for 2022. I keep hearing about much talent they have coming in. We better see it next year. Everyone can blame whoever they want but it starts at the top. 

Going forward we need to schedule 3 home cupcake games and no more scheduling UC.  We all know we can't compete consistently with OSU,UM,PSU,UW and Iowa. I see our ceiling being an 8-4 team but mainly hoping for a bowl bid.

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I’ve just never fully bought into Tom Allen. He’s done an okay job at IU but this is awful. Enthusiasm at an all time high for this program and they’re 2-8. I get if they went 6-6/7-5. Brutal schedule. But going 2-8… unacceptable. I’m still disappointed in the Tennessee bowl game and last year losing to a team with a losing record in their bowl. Major changes better happen for 2022. I keep hearing about much talent they have coming in. We better see it next year. Everyone can blame whoever they want but it starts at the top. 

Actually the last two years has been more than ok especially for a program lime IU.

IU football had been one of the worst power 5 programs in college football do what coach Allen has done the last two years deserved a raise.

It is not like we could bring in a top HC if we make a change.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Actually the last two years has been more than ok especially for a program lime IU.

IU football had been one of the worst power 5 programs in college football do what coach Allen has done the last two years deserved a raise.

It is not like we could bring in a top HC if we make a change.

I get that. He’s perfect for IU and our crappy standards for football. I’m just tired of hearing how some IU fans act like he’s Bear Bryant and Nick Saban all in one. Not saying you are or anyone on here thinks that. But he’s 0-3 in bowl games. His record against above .500 teams is pathetic. They took advantage of a down year in the Big Ten and no fans on the road last season.  I’m guilty for buying the hype this year. Thought this would be a 9/10 win season. This mess is also on the players. Just felt after that beat down in Iowa the season was over and they gave up. I feel bad for the IU fans that went out of their way for this team. They care more about the program than some of the players. 

last thing: please… no more LEO… It was cool at first. But you don’t deserve to do slogans or gimmicks after a likely 2-10 season. I heard it on a commercial a million times last night listening to the basketball game. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I get that. He’s perfect for IU and our crappy standards for football. I’m just tired of hearing how some IU fans act like he’s Bear Bryant and Nick Saban all in one. Not saying you are or anyone on here thinks that. But he’s 0-3 in bowl games. His record against above .500 teams is pathetic. They took advantage of a down year in the Big Ten and no fans on the road last season.  I’m guilty for buying the hype this year. Thought this would be a 9/10 win season. This mess is also on the players. Just felt after that beat down in Iowa the season was over and they gave up. I feel bad for the IU fans that went out of their way for this team. They care more about the program than some of the players. 

last thing: please… no more LEO… It was cool at first. But you don’t deserve to do slogans or gimmicks after a likely 2-10 season. I heard it on a commercial a million times last night listening to the basketball game. 

I picked 7-5 for this season

18 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Agree. The bowl games told me all I need to know about Allen. This isn’t a total surprise to me.

9 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I just think there is a ceiling for programs like IU college football.  College football is not setup to allow a lot of teams to be successful like you can in basketball.

I think even some how a Urban Myer came to IU I don't think he could even have IU competing for a championship.

Ok. But again. Prior to this season we had two seasons where we finished above .500. Our last season above .500 was in 2007. So i completely disagree with you.

Let’s see what happens next season before we say he is a bad coach. Because, being above .500 in what one could call The AL east of college football is pretty amazing for IU.

Tom Allen is a goofy middlin DC. Has no business being a HC in the B1G. Dolson will get his chance to replace him in 2 years

Which is why he led IU to two seasons above .500 after no coach was able to do that in the previous 10+ seasons? !?!? GTFO.

ITS even more amazing given who we have to compete with in our division and the amount. Of 5 star recruits they have (compared to IU)

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just think there is a ceiling for programs like IU college football.  College football is not setup to allow a lot of teams to be successful like you can in basketball.

I think even some how a Urban Myer came to IU I don't think he could even have IU competing for a championship.

There’s a big gap between competing for championships and what we’ve done this year. We haven’t beat a single P5 team this year. It’s our worst season in a decade. We got shut out for the first time in 20+ years. We can’t blame it on our schedule when we get blown out at home by a 4-5 Rutgers team. Allen inherited a program in good shape. We went to back to back bowl games the previous two years. Allen has missed a bowl three times in five seasons. Both his 2020 and 2021 recruiting classes were 12th in the Big 10. It remains to be seen how many people in the 2022 class actually sign. He’s 15-26 in the Big 10. 6 of those wins came during an extremely weird covid year playing in empty stadiums. Michigan, Penn State, and MSU all had extremely down seasons. Good on IU for taking advantage of the circumstances, but those circumstances probably aren’t happening again. In his other four seasons, he’s 9-25 in the conference. Is that worth the 4th biggest buyout in college football? Not in my opinion. 

22 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Who are you talking to that talks about him like he is Bear Bryant or Nick Saban? Maybe talk to other people and not just look at twitter or where ever that hot take is coming from