Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PG Gabe Cupps to INDIANA

14 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Dangerous play in the Duke/Clemson game 

Collins for Clemson undercut Moore on a dunk attempt.   Nasty fall.   Moore is ok though.   

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Dude lost his mind and thought he was in the Big 1.o for a split second. Dangerous, no place for that on the court.

How'd we get in here?

Senior night for Centerville and they put an 83-59 beatdown on Wayne.  Cupps was his team's leading scorer with 19 on 7-13 FG; 4-6 on 3s; 1-1 FT; 1 reb; 10 asst; 2 stl; 0 blk; 1 TO.  

Centerville loses 3 of its starting 5 to graduation including Rich Rolf (16.9 ppg), Tom House (15.3 ppg) and Quinn Hafner (7.5 ppg).  I don't know what kind of  talent it has on its JV team but Cupps will likely have to up  his scoring average next season  --  14.6 ppg this year.

Centerville completed an undefeated regular season with an 85-72 win over Huntington Prep.  It opens tournament play on Wednesday against Fairborn.  In this game, Gabe poured in 33 points.  Should have a full stat line available later today or certainly on Monday morning.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Centerville completed an undefeated regular season with an 85-72 win over Huntington Prep.  It opens tournament play on Wednesday against Fairborn.  In this game, Gabe poured in 33 points.  Should have a full stat line available later today or certainly on Monday morning.

That’s really impressive. Huntington’s PG is a kid named Cruz Davis, who’s a tough kid and a good defender with a nice offer list, including Houston. Cupps using that kid up is strong. 

1 minute ago, Demo said:

That’s really impressive. Huntington’s PG is a kid named Cruz Davis, who’s a tough kid and a good defender with a nice offer list, including Houston. Cupps using that kid up is strong. 

Going to Oregon St I believe.   Cupps was 14-14 from the line 

Official point total for Cupps was 30 pts. on 7-12 FG; 2-3 on 3s; 14-14 FT; 5 reb; 9 asst; 0 stl; 0 blk; 1 TO.  Centerville wins 85-22.  Cupps scores 30 and accounts for an additional 18 at a minimum via assists.  Not a bad day at the office.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Official point total for Cupps was 30 pts. on 7-12 FG; 2-3 on 3s; 14-14 FT; 5 reb; 9 asst; 0 stl; 0 blk; 1 TO.  Centerville wins 85-22.  Cupps scores 30 and accounts for an additional 18 at a minimum via assists.  Not a bad day at the office.

Good lawd. I think we have a good one coming in. And from the features I have read, he sounds like he exhibits the leadership and toughness qualities CMW wants. 

On 2/14/2022 at 6:04 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Against Huntington Prep!

eyNyVgSt_normal.png

A couple stats from 2023 PG commit Gabe Cupps' undefeated junior regular season #iubb fans will love: - 47.2 percent from three (on 89 attempts) - 7.2 to 1.1 assists to turnovers per game.

Centerville opened tournament play with a 73-33 drubbing of Fairborn.  It was 31-4 at the end of 1Q and the entire second half was played under a running clock.  Cupps played a maximum of 15 min. in the blowout win and his official line was 6p  0r  8a  4s  0b  0t.

His court vision is phenomenal.  One play in particular stood out to me.  He took the ball out of bounds near the right corner baseline.  Not once did he ever look anywhere but down or straight ahead.  He got the ball from the ref and immeidiately fired a pass to a wide open teammate in the other corner for a wide open 3.  Centerville will play Belmont next Tuesday night.

First round of the DII sectional and #1 seed Centerville (20-0) overwhelmed #18 seed Belmont (2-12) 81-33.  Cupps probably played around 16-18 min. total.  7p on 2-5 FG; 2-2 FT; 2r; 8a; 3s; 0b; 2t.  Next game on Saturday against #12 seed New Carlisle Tecumseh.

Latest Update:  Final score 72-15

Probably safe to say Centerville will advance in tournament play.  After 1 quarter tonight against New Carlisle Tecumseh Centerville led 31-4 in a district semifinal game.

This is just humiliating.  Halftime Centerville led 51-8.  After 3Q it was 64-10.  Tecumseh isn't chopped  liver.  Per MaxPreps its season record is 14-8.  Based on the score I would have expected a winless season.

I'll have Cupps stats in the morning for what they'll be worth as I can't imagine any of  the starters played very  many minutes.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Score updates