Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In the Charlie Hughes Shootout Anderson defeated Heritage Christian.  Colvin 21 pts. for HC.

Anderson ran them off the court but without Andrew Wiggins being there Colvin didn’t have a great supporting cast.

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Per Rabby IU staff feels that they might have a shot with Colvin and that he’s not the 100% PU lock that everyone thinks. I find this one to be very interesting 

I would think we have a shot. There's a real dynamic of wanting to step out of a parent/sibling's shadow for a high-end player.

• Not an issue with the McCullough kids-dad never played at IU. Same if you've always dreamed of being around the program like a Jordy Hulls or Anthony Leal.
  • But if you think you'll constantly be known more as "Christian Watford's little brother" or "Roosevelt Colvin's kid" than Trendon or Myles?

That's a bit of a hard swallow if you're a top 100 player.

13 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Offering Colvin was not smart.

What did it hurt?  We certainly didn't invest a lot of staff time in his recruitment only to lose out at the end.   I like to think we stuck our middle finger at PUke by extending the offer knowing they probably were in the driver's seat.

28 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

So Rabby doesn't know squat. Basically as this report was yesterday. Offering Colvin was not smart.

The offer to Colvin didn’t make any difference. They took a shot and he chose Purdue. Who cares.

1 hour ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Agree. This commitment briefly clouded my sunny disposition as my phone blew up with "We Own This State"  texts from my Purdue friends. Losing this guy to Purdue will be rapidly forgotten if we land another talented recruit soon and/or start winning on the court next season. Though I'll stick with my statement questioning how much Rabby knew about this player. He was way off on this one. 

Way off?    All he said was the staff felt they still had a chance.    He questioned the offer from the beginning.  All he reported was what he was hearing.   But like most of time by the time his information gets leaked here, there and everywhere it gets turned into Rabby said IU still has a shot with him.    

29 minutes ago, HoosierRobbie said:

So at this point, does IU lead for anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Probably not but they are in good spots with some(banks, Clowney, hood-schfino for 2022 and Fears, booker and if they decide to offer hooks in 2023.    2022 was always going to be tough for new staff to come in a short time and make a connection.  Not impossible but for a normal recruitment it was always going to be difficult.   Bates recruitment was a special circumstance since his coach left so far into the process so his timetable was short.   July evaluations are coming up so new names will definitely pop up.    I know it’s one of Old Farts and mines favorite time of year.   

We are going to miss on some guys I really want.  This isn’t really one of them for me.  He’s good.  Purdue almost always knows what they are doing and keep bringing in strong players where the majority contribute. This fits.  But no doubt Purdue has taken IUs down period and gone bananas.  

We need 3 guys.  CJ Gunn doesn’t get me going at all.  He’s a long way off before he becomes a dependable contributor.   I want a big man, with skills to “replace” TJD.  I want a scorer with size.  I would like a guard depending on who leaves.  That’ll do it. 

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We are going to miss on some guys I really want.  This isn’t really one of them for me.  He’s good.  Purdue almost always knows what they are doing and keep bringing in strong players where the majority contribute. This fits.  But no doubt Purdue has taken IUs down period and gone bananas.  

We need 3 guys.  CJ Gunn doesn’t get me going at all.  He’s a long way off before he becomes a dependable contributor.   I want a big man, with skills to “replace” TJD.  I want a scorer with size.  I would like a guard depending on who leaves.  That’ll do it. 

I think we become players in the FA market over the freshmen recruits.  It’s a world Woodson is comfy in with a lot less risk. 

To me the Rosemond kids are our early chances.

Otherwise we wait, show that our staff can win, and very importantly (and underrated) show proof that NIL at a basketball-obsessed school like IU will be very lucrative.

In other words, patience will be required.

I just don’t like the clueless staff stuff bubbling up again. How many times did Archie and his staff think we were in a great spot with a recruit to find out later not only was it not us, but that we weren’t really even a contender. This is just one situation, but if Raby is accurate, someone on the staff told him they thought we had a chance the day before he abruptly committed to PU. That screams clueless 

6 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I just don’t like the clueless staff stuff bubbling up again. How many times did Archie and his staff think we were in a great spot with a recruit to find out later not only was it not us, but that we weren’t really even a contender. This is just one situation, but if Raby is accurate, someone on the staff told him they thought we had a chance the day before he abruptly committed to PU. That screams clueless 

Rabby didn’t say he was told that the day before. He could’ve been sitting on that for a few days. This staff isn’t clueless by any stretch. In fact I’d say Rabby had been sitting on it for a few days because the staff really hadn’t put much time in on him in the last few days. That’s telling. You can be in a great spot one day and on the outside looking in the next. It happens especially with high school kids.