Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 hours ago, Teague said:

There's too many! We had to hire a cleaning service for that.

Anyway, like I said, stay away from Oats. He's no good anyway.

You guys have fun.

I love a guy with a sense of humor. Probably not going to happen and I actually have great respect for the Alabama football program, whether above board not. I like that you took the correct steps to protect your excellent basketball coach from predators. The world of sports can be an ugly place. 

Quote on resources: "You know, I don’t want to just assume that it’s an unlimited open checkbook, but at the same time, if we feel it’s the right person, we’ll do everything we can to make it happen."

found here: https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/03/15/transcript-scott-dolson-discusses-decision-to-fire-archie-miller/

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

It wasn’t Cuban that donated. There are far bigger fish much closer that can fund that with money they wipe their @$$ with.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have loved IU basketball since 1956, that I can remember. And I don't really want to be that guy, but on some level it bothers me that we can throw around that kind of money over a basketball coach in light of the needs of so many, especially now. Probably not appropriate, but I have been drinking a bit. (Playing the old card now.)

2 hours ago, IUHAHN81 said:

I'm in the boat where I guess I'll live in disappointment for life because I won't be excited unless we pull Steven's. Sure someone may come in and get us winning more than we have which is great but Brad is the only one that makes me change my underwear after crapping myself from excitement. 

I hope I get to crap my pants from excitement. 

Didn’t Dolson say in the press conference something about having the next coach be there for a long time?  I turned over to JMV right after and it might have been him who said that though. If Scott, it would seem to eliminate Beilein 

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Didn’t Dolson say in the press conference something about having the next coach be there for a long time?  I turned over to JMV right after and it might have been him who said that though. If Scott, it would seem to eliminate Beilein 

Glass said that about every hire... means nothing... kind of like when a politician or a preacher says "in closing..." :D

Just now, Whoozhers said:

$10 million buyout?!? What gives a person motivation to succeed with that kind of contract.
My opinion..... Archie needs to pay IU and apologize to the fans for lack of results.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

My understanding is that most of that money will not actually be paid as long as Archie gets a decent job somewhere else.