Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, LookatthestonesonDolson said:

Although still a “Purdue jockstrap”...

Chris Beard?  Sense he may have already had some of his best years.  He would scare me as a possible miss.  Yes, he has had a nice run in the tourney, but does not seem to have parlayed that into recruiting momentum with sustaining strength.  They are a rather average 17-10 this season.  Tough conference, but still.  Stumbled down the stretch, too. 

Although not popular, I would be disappointed with Beard.  

Just 3 more posts and you can lose the Purdue jockstrap moniker.  It's a highly effective motivator don't you think?

2 minutes ago, Billingsley said:

Great questions. IF its about money I believe the offer will take care of that concern. I think it comes down to recruiting. 

I agree. Recruiting at IU shouldn’t be too bad though. It’s a lot different trying to convince a recruit to go to Butler compared to IU. It’s like Roy at UNC, K at Duke, Self at Kansas and Calipari at UK. Those are the four elite programs that IU should be on par with once again. Once those coaches started winning at said programs, the recruiting took care of itself. That’s what Stevens could be at IU

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

It's gonna be Dane Fife. 

Sure, it's a risky move, but look at it this way ... 

He committed the absolute dumbest foul in IU basketball history and yet -- it turned out OK in the end. 

(Before anybody wants to tell me Dane isn't the guy, I'm just joking. Sorta. He's not my first choice. Or my second. Or my third. Or my fourth. But I'd take him over a lot of the other folks who've been mentioned). 

He never touched Jay Williams ... BS call!

49 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

So what about all that flight tracking I heard about?  Anything fun going on?  I saw on Facebook that Brad Stevens was spotted having lunch at the Pizza Pantry in Ellettsville....

My family has eaten there for over 35 years. Don't hate on the pantry. :-)

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He sent out a nice email last night. I like what he had to say. 

Are you able to share on here? Understand if not, but curious :)

52 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Hey guys (stu I will be good for my short trip).  @chris, just curious if you have heard on the starting point of 10/$65m?  I have heard that number a couple of times today.  

Edit:  Testing the waters to see if the info is consistent or if this is how this search is gonna go with rumors and whatnot.

I have not heard that number specifically. I  think you need to be at 7 million to get Brad

9 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

It's gonna be Dane Fife. 

Sure, it's a risky move, but look at it this way ... 

He committed the absolute dumbest foul in IU basketball history and yet -- it turned out OK in the end. 

(Before anybody wants to tell me Dane isn't the guy, I'm just joking. Sorta. He's not my first choice. Or my second. Or my third. Or my fourth. But I'd take him over a lot of the other folks who've been mentioned). 

This was as close as he got ... Jay flopped

Fife.thumb.PNG.f4938282cf8da2bebb653caeb7ed0fc9.PNG