Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

I'm assuming the reports of OSU hiring Diebler are correct, and he has been chosen to succeed Holtmann.

Idk. To each their own. To me it doesn't seem wise to hire a guy who did fairly well with his boss's players in a short amount of time.

Let's say Woodson gets fired next January with a 14-9 record. Then Kenya Hunter takes over and goes 6-2, and still misses the tournament. 

If IU chose Hunter to succeed Woodson I would be.....disappointed. 

Ohio State hiring Diebler is an Ohio State short sited issue.  After Tony Bennett retired early into the season at Wisky, Brad Soddeberg took over and took Wisky to the tournament.  But Wisky didn’t retain him as their head coach.

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Ohio State hiring Diebler is an Ohio State short sited issue.  After Tony Bennett retired early into the season at Wisky, Brad Soddeberg took over and took Wisky to the tournament.  But Wisky didn’t retain him as their head coach.

Good to see we aren’t the only team in the Big Ten making bad coaching decisions.

30 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Tend to agree. Who knows, he could turn out. Think it’s a huge boon for IU’s chances to get Dusty on down the line, honestly: not sure IU could pry him away from the OSU $ if he got it rolling there.

Conversely, IU’s big ten money should make it possible to peel him away from Louisville or WVU. Michigan has $ but I think you could probably steal him out of there if he wanted to be at IU given the football/NIL/transfer stuff/program interest 

2 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Tend to agree. Who knows, he could turn out. Think it’s a huge boon for IU’s chances to get Dusty on down the line, honestly: not sure IU could pry him away from the OSU $ if he got it rolling there.

Conversely, IU’s big ten money should make it possible to peel him away from Louisville or WVU. Michigan has $ but I think you could probably steal him out of there if he wanted to be at IU given the football/NIL/transfer stuff/program interest 

Just my opinion, but if it's West Virginia and not Louisville and I'm Dusty, I'm waiting until next year.

Miami’s AJ Casey entering the portal. Had an IU offer in the ‘22 cycle that never seemed to go anywhere. Didn’t get any traction in 2 years at Miami. Chicago kid. Assume Holtmann will get involved. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Back at you:

Over 40% from three on some volume. Shooting stroke translates to a higher ft percentage.

Strong upper body—rebounds his position. Plays with forward lean—finishes at rim through contact. Outside stroke is quick and with good technique.

Started every game as a freshman, so his low-major staff saw something from the get go.

I would stay away from the physical traits argument. Plenty of guys who don't look like ball players could run circles around Payton Sparks on the basketball court.

4 minutes ago, IndianaSconnie90 said:

I would stay away from the physical traits argument. Plenty of guys who don't look like ball players could run circles around Payton Sparks on the basketball court.

I would say that the downside for any portal recruit that looks good will be the system that we are putting him into.

Sadly so.

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

D!ck Bennett, but yea, he didn’t quite have the political capital to force his guy into the spot. The flip side is that Bo Ryan did but  he also left Gard with a loaded team.  

The immediate downside to Diebler getting the job is less Ohio State kids probably jump into the portal.   

Edit - language filter got me…lol

A little surprised we haven’t heard more solid info on IU players portaging/staying/testing the waters yet.

Final talks are/might be going on today. Portal doesn’t open until till tomorrow “technically”. So I’d say tomorrow you’d start hearing more and more news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

A little surprised we haven’t heard more solid info on IU players portaging/staying/testing the waters yet.

Gotta have end of year meetings/exit interviews first.  I'm gonna guess Tuesday will be the earliest we hear anything from anyone.