Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I’m pretty sure that with McNeeley decommitting we will no longer be an option for Queen.

Honestly, I wasn't talking about Queen going to IU when I said he might decommitt from Maryland.  Just saying he might decommitt from Maryland if they are losing all of those players.

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Honestly, I wasn't talking about Queen going to IU when I said he might decommitt from Maryland.  Just saying he might decommitt from Maryland if they are losing all of those players.

Normally I'd wonder the same but Maryland is apparently hiring Queen's AAU coach as an assistant, so I think he's most likely staying put.

17 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Normally I'd wonder the same but Maryland is apparently hiring Queen's AAU coach as an assistant, so I think he's most likely staying put.

Are they hiring Queen's AAU coach to be the head coach?  Sounds like Williard isn't real popular.

34 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Dunno if anyone else has heard anything but I heard something about Ryan Nembhard having interest in IU, probably because his brother is here with the Pacers

Whered you hear that from lmao

22 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

West Virginia won the off season in the transfer portal and spend a ton of money on the roster.  They just finished 9-23.   Some teams win and others lose 

Welp, if nothing else at least it freed them up to do a coaching search. Wonder if Schertz ( or May if OSU fell through) would be interested.

33 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

IMG_6189.png

Pepperdine has had two really good players (at least on paper) go to the portal now -- Porter and Ajayi -- who combined to averaged 34.4 points and 15 rebounds per game between them.

The one area of concern in knowing how good they are is that even having those two guys, Pepperdine was a bad WCC team.  Ajayi does look like the better of the two.  6'7" wing, rebounds well for his size.  Listed as a guard on their roster but think he really isn't.

27 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Pepperdine has had two really good players (at least on paper) go to the portal now -- Porter and Ajayi -- who combined to averaged 34.4 points and 15 rebounds per game between them.

The one area of concern in knowing how good they are is that even having those two guys, Pepperdine was a bad WCC team.  Ajayi does look like the better of the two.  6'7" wing, rebounds well for his size.  Listed as a guard on their roster but think he really isn't.

Sign me up for ajayi

On 3/12/2024 at 10:19 PM, RaceToTheTop said:

If it is true, wonder if Queen will reopen his recruitment.   I know last year that tried to bring in Hunter Dickinson through the portal and were the early favorite to do so and instead were quickly eliminated.  Anyway, none of the players mentioned there are very good except Reese, but thrown in Young and Scott graduating and its not pretty.

We need a 5 who can't make ft's!

1 hour ago, Magisterium said:

Welp, if nothing else at least it freed them up to do a coaching search. Wonder if Schertz ( or May if OSU fell through) would be interested.

Hearing Schertz is the early favorite for the St. Louis job? Not a complete lateral move but that seems underwhelming if true. Should free up some ISU players I’d think.

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Dunno if anyone else has heard anything but I heard something about Ryan Nembhard having interest in IU, probably because his brother is here with the Pacers

That would be a huge get…13 and 7 assists a game