Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2024 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

Background on Jonathan Powell.  Confirms he has transferred to Centerville HS and will be a teammate of Gabe Cupps next season,.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2024-names-to-know-shooting-guard-jonathan-powell/?fbclid=IwAR23oVRyXCtfCp_VRRibBjKn66jCazg1gy2Rx4CajUUyjNCqmvVoLm8wAKU

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Background on Jonathan Powell.  Confirms he has transferred to Centerville HS and will be a teammate of Gabe Cupps next season,.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2024-names-to-know-shooting-guard-jonathan-powell/?fbclid=IwAR23oVRyXCtfCp_VRRibBjKn66jCazg1gy2Rx4CajUUyjNCqmvVoLm8wAKU

Somehow, it just felt like this was going to happen.

On 4/18/2022 at 7:39 AM, yogisballin said:

Does anyone here know how I can get in touch with someone from Indiana Elite or Indy Heat? I know that I’m late for this season but I’d like to get in contact with someone for a tryout for my class of 2027 son.
We live in a small town in Southern KY. We currently play in these small tournaments. That’s nice and all but I’d like to see my son play at the highest level. My son is a “3 and D” type of wing

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not going to get onto one of those teams this spring or summer.

Logistically how would you make practice work if you played on an IE or Heat team? The furthest place south they practice is probably Bloom South. 

I don't see any way they would try and make that work for a 7th grader. If your kid can play, it could happen in HS though, for sure. 

On 4/16/2021 at 3:53 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

More way too early '24 news but because the young man plays on the Indiana Elite 2024 AAU team he might be a name we hear more of.

Travis Perry of Lyon County HS in Eddyville, KY (just east of Paducah) was named to the Max Preps All American 3rd team team averaging 27.1pg.

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-basketball-recruiting/kentucky/eddyville/lyon-county-high-school/travis-perry6

https://www.paducahsun.com/sports/lyon-countys-perry-poised-for-prolific-possibilities/article_a3c0870d-31fd-5c8d-ad2d-cdaadba0e2af.html

Travis Graf reports we've been in contact with '24 G Travis Perry who's already scored 3,000 points in high school.  He plays for Indiana Elite (16U) on the Adidas circuit and thus a teammate of Cooper Koch and Flory Bidunga.  In today's final game of the weekend he had 24 pts, 5 assts, 2 stls.

From Travis Branham -Travis Perry is becoming well-known across the bluegrass state in the class of 2024. The rising junior out of Lyon County (Ky.) is set to break records in the KHSAA and has been drawing high major interest throughout the season.

On Saturday, he took that local notoriety and began spreading it nationally with a handful of high major coaches across the south in attendance. The 6-foot-1 point guard has a terrific feel and IQ for the game, he's tough, he seemingly makes every shot from three and can flat-out pass the basketball.

Perry commanded the game all-game long for Indiana Elite 16s and helped his standing amongst those in attendance.

Creighton, Cincinnati, Western Kentucky and more have been in recent contact.

6 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Travis Perry of Lyon County HS in Eddyville, KY (just east of Paducah) was named to the Max Preps All American 3rd team team averaging 27.1pg.

That's barely half of Irvin Stepp senior year avg in Kentucky. Crazily he avg under 5 ppg in college.

A Toiletmaker I know posted this on FB. It goes on to say that while IU has allegedly had the better recruiting classes, the PUs have a 15-6 advantage on the court in the same time frame. Just think how good the PUs would've been had they had a 2020 recruiting class. It'll be interesting to see how the next couple years play out, considering they have two 2022 recruiting classes -- while we only have one.

Like their attempts to get to the Final Four, when they try to insult us -- they $*#@ it up.  

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'RECRUITING RANKINGS ACCORDING TO 247SPORTS PURDUE INDIANA ψ 2011:36TH W 2012:7 山 2013: å 2014:21ST ψ 2015:32ND ψ 2016: 23RD 山 2017:32ND W 2018:10TH Ψ 2019:53RD ψ 2020:15TH ψ 2021:39TH ψ 2022:5T P 2011: 92ND P 2012: P 2013:28TH P 2014:33RD 33RD 2015:37TH 2016: 108TH P 2017:34TH P 2018:49TH 2019:58TH P 2021:36TH P 2022: 40TH 2022: 25TH INTIANA PURDUE 50 FOX COLLEGE LEGE HOOPS'

8 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

A Toiletmaker I know posted this on FB. It goes on to say that while IU has allegedly had the better recruiting classes, the PUs have a 15-6 advantage on the court in the same time frame. Just think how good the PUs would've been had they had a 2020 recruiting class. It'll be interesting to see how the next couple years play out, considering they have two 2022 recruiting classes -- while we only have one.

Like their attempts to get to the Final Four, when they try to insult us -- they $*#@ it up.  

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'RECRUITING RANKINGS ACCORDING TO 247SPORTS PURDUE INDIANA ψ 2011:36TH W 2012:7 山 2013: å 2014:21ST ψ 2015:32ND ψ 2016: 23RD 山 2017:32ND W 2018:10TH Ψ 2019:53RD ψ 2020:15TH ψ 2021:39TH ψ 2022:5T P 2011: 92ND P 2012: P 2013:28TH P 2014:33RD 33RD 2015:37TH 2016: 108TH P 2017:34TH P 2018:49TH 2019:58TH P 2021:36TH P 2022: 40TH 2022: 25TH INTIANA PURDUE 50 FOX COLLEGE LEGE HOOPS'

Eric Gordon wasn't at IU during the time period of that graphic.

Indiana had 6 early draft picks and Troy Williams and James Blackmon as an early entrant.

Purdue had Swanigan and Carson Edwards.

The best player leaving after 1 or 2 years definitely reduces the impact of a draft class and Indiana had at least 1 leave a class from '11-'15 and 6 of 11 classes.

Rivals reporting our interest in '24 G Elijah Crawford (see page 5 of this thread) who attends Augusta Christian HS in Martinez, GA.  He averaged 19.3 points on 31-of-55 (56.4%) made field goals, 2.8 rebounds, 4.0 assists, and 1.5 steals in four games during the second live evaluation period.

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/2024-introduction-elijah-crawford?fbclid=IwAR0-wOE8fiaoTb7B6z07jQpdfYkkJjCnDJDE2LeN6vatkf8kXdNdq_tKCD0

On 4/20/2022 at 9:06 AM, btownqb said:

Not going to get onto one of those teams this spring or summer.

Logistically how would you make practice work if you played on an IE or Heat team? The furthest place south they practice is probably Bloom South. 

I don't see any way they would try and make that work for a 7th grader. If your kid can play, it could happen in HS though, for sure. 

I wasn’t asking for this season any how, haha! Just putting a feeler out to see if anyone here knew of someone within the program

Endless Motor Sports  --  2024 Jonathan Powell @jonathanp0well1 of @wildcatselect displayed a projectable game at the Run-N-Slam while playing up a year in the 17u division.  Good positional size + length at 6’5 - 6’6, outstanding shot mechanics and the ability to hit triples off the bounce or the catch.

2 hours ago, yogisballin said:

I wasn’t asking for this season any how, haha! Just putting a feeler out to see if anyone here knew of someone within the program

In HS they'll make anything work if he's good enough. 

On 4/18/2022 at 7:39 AM, yogisballin said:

Does anyone here know how I can get in touch with someone from Indiana Elite or Indy Heat? I know that I’m late for this season but I’d like to get in contact with someone for a tryout for my class of 2027 son.
We live in a small town in Southern KY. We currently play in these small tournaments. That’s nice and all but I’d like to see my son play at the highest level. My son is a “3 and D” type of wing

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They have tryouts every winter for the spring/summer teams. You can email any of these three guys who own/run Indiana elite. All three are super nice guys. Also, all three were IU managers under Knight. 

3SSB Directors

Criss Beyers – indianaelite@yahoo.com

Michael Fox – mdfox3@yahoo.com

Mark Adams – madams7888@aol.com

247 Sports - Two players who have been having very strong springs are planning unofficial visits to Indiana this week. Jonathan Powell, a 6-foot-6 class of 2024 shooting guard, is making an Indiana unofficial visit on Thursday. Travis Perry, a 6-foot-2 class of 2024 point guard, is making an Indiana unofficial visit on Friday.

On 3/14/2022 at 4:21 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

2024 6'9 Forward Ayden Evans says Louisville, Ohio State, Western Kentucky, and Indiana are all showing interest in addition to West Virginia and Mississippi State (who have offered).

No idea of how serious our interest may be but here's a couple of his AAU boxscores.

ImageImage

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No idea of how serious our interest may be but here's a couple of his AAU boxscores.

ImageImage

How odd. I checked out his 247 profile and it only has Louisville on his list of colleges. Obviously it's out of date and just hasn't been updated but I don't think I've ever seen that before for a 4*, top 100 player at this stage. Did he recently make a jump in rankings? Even then I'd expect that smaller schools would've been recruiting him already.