Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2024 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

9 hours ago, The RUN DMCer said:

Evans said Louisville was his dream school; let's hope not!!!!

Probably is. Can't say that I blame him. That's not much different than Leal or many Indiana kids that had IU as their dream school. Things always change in recruiting and with a 2024 kid there's plenty of time for things to change if he's even a priority target for IU in the first place. 

30 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Still think he's more likely to play college football but Tae Johnson of Fort Wayne North Side playing some pretty good bball.  30 points, 21 boards, 7 assists, 3 blocks in an 81-60 victory over FW Snider.

Yeesh that’s a lot of a lot

14 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Still think he's more likely to play college football but Tae Johnson of Fort Wayne North Side playing some pretty good bball.  30 points, 21 boards, 7 assists, 3 blocks in an 81-60 victory over FW Snider.

Hope to see him live in 2 weeks. My alma mater is putting on their first annual tourney. Searched for teams, and Fort Wayne North committed to it. My alma mater is Clay City, a small 1A school, could be interesting. 

Fort Wayne drew Benton Central, while Clay City plays North Vermillion. There are 4 other teams in the field too, should be a lot of contrast in styles of play for sure.

Update from Jamie Shaw of Rivals on Caleb Middleton.    Middleton was at Hoosier Hysteria in October.  Unfortunately, Western Reserve does not provide game summaries nor report stats to MaxPreps.  And, Western Reserve gets virtually no coverage from the local newspapers so trying to track his current season has been nearly impossible.  His summer AAU stats are at the bottom of this post.

Caleb Middleton, a 6-foot-10 power forward at Hudson (Ohio) Western Reserve Academy, saw his recruitment pick up steam after spending the summer playing with the BABC program on the Nike 15u EYBL circuit.

“I really like to run the floor,” Middleton told Rivals.com. “I like to stretch the floor, but I can also bang inside. I block a lot of shots and just like to play hard. My most recent offer is from Iowa; I also got DePaul, Bryant, Florida International and Siena as well. I would say I am hearing the most from Iowa right now.”

IN HIS OWN WORDS

Iowa: “Last year, I played for New Hampton Prep, and this Summer, I want to the NEPSAC Showcase. Coach (Fran) McCaffery saw me play there, and he liked what he saw. I just went on a visit, Oct. 10, and it was really good. I am forming a great relationship with them.”

DePaul: “I was offered by the old coaching staff last summer. The new staff has been in contact some, and we are developing a relationship.”

WHAT'S NEXT?

“Probably the schools I am hearing from the most, who has not offered, Syracuse, Clemson, West Virginia, Iowa State, Indiana,” Middleton said, “a lot of Big Ten schools. I am trying to focus on the season and getting better, so I don’t really have any visits or anything planned right now. I love big environments and good fan bases. I want to have a great relationship with the coaching staff.”

RIVALS' REACTION

Middleton moves well for a player who is 6-foot-10. He is agile, with some pop, and he has excellent timing. The shot-blocking pops off the page immediately as you watch him play. He is a capable shooter, able to stretch the floor and score over his left shoulder. Size, mobility, and skill are a nice combo, especially for a sophomore in high school. As we expand our rankings in the 2024 class, Middleton’s name will be discussed.

Caleb Middleton '24 ( C ) - BABC               15U        
Date W/L Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks. Min.
7/13 L 15 5 12 2 3 3 6 9 0 5 2 3 28
7/14 L 8 4 10 0 0 0 3 5 0 2 0 0 27
7/15 W 7 3 6 0 0 1 2 2 1 1 0 1 19
7/16 L 15 6 10 0 0 3 4 3 0 0 1 1 28
7/17 L 6 2 8 2 2 0 1 11 1 1 0 2 28
7/18 L 6 3 7 0 2 0 1 3 0 1 0 0 21
7/19 L 10 4 13 2 4 0 3 7 2 1 0 0 26

# Gms / Avg 7 9.6 41%   55%   35%   6 1 2 0 1 25

5 hours ago, Gnet550 said:

Going to see Tae Johnson live tonight. I’ll let you guys know what I think. Playing in Clay City in a tourney if anyone is close and wants to watch as well.

Late dinner at glory days just down main. Pizza gallery also good . Stay away from Joe's bbq its went down hill. Enjoy the eel done. My godson's are on the walls there 

2 hours ago, Indiana muskie said:

Late dinner at glory days just down main. Pizza gallery also good . Stay away from Joe's bbq its went down hill. Enjoy the eel done. My godson's are on the walls there 

Really, whose that? I’m a graduate. 

Tae Johnson didn’t impress. Now they were playing Traders Point Christian who was visibly overmatched. I don’t think they were going all out but Johnson maybe had 10 pts. You could see the football side, trying to anticipate and jump passing lanes. He had 4 or 5 steals. Physically the football side is there for sure, athletic and built like a truck. (Hard to believe that was a sophomore seeing him in person). Rather disinterested or not, definitely struck me as a football player who plays basketball too. That’s him in the black shirt in the picture.

7953153C-F49B-4DC1-A541-CAE23CEEBC52.jpeg

2 hours ago, Gnet550 said:

Really, whose that? I’m a graduate. 

Blake and Logan Cesinger. Was a fun bball ride . I didn't read the previous post that you went there.  Team pics are up though without my boys no beating northview or semi states . I'm kinda proud of them.

Edited by Indiana muskie

6 minutes ago, Indiana muskie said:

Blake and Logan Cesinger. Was a fun bball ride . I didn't read the previous post that you went there.  Team pics are up though without my boys no beating northview or semi states . I'm kinda proud of them.

Gotcha. That was a very good run. Second year I thought they had Barr-Reeve beat…but great run regardless. I’m a 2007 graduate so I was long gone by then, would have been fun to play on those teams. My senior year I avg 18 and our second leading scorer avg 9….nice when you have a team where everyone is a threat.

6 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

Gotcha. That was a very good run. Second year I thought they had Barr-Reeve beat…but great run regardless. I’m a 2007 graduate so I was long gone by then, would have been fun to play on those teams. My senior year I avg 18 and our second leading scorer avg 9….nice when you have a team where everyone is a threat.

Nice . Yeah eel done was rocking. Hopefully one day it will again. But prob be girls making arun long before the boys. Great the started this tourney . I'm quarantined so no ball for me this week ugh.

1 minute ago, Indiana muskie said:

Nice . Yeah eel done was rocking. Hopefully one day it will again. But prob be girls making arun long before the boys. Great the started this tourney . I'm quarantined so no ball for me this week ugh.

They almost pulled off the upset over Martinsville. Had a 3 to tie it with 5 seconds left but missed it. Both sides, girls and boys, need an influx of talent for sure. My boy is in 2nd grade we have a team of his classmates that are already playing together at Wabash Valley Sports Center. Hope to keep that going through middle school, hope it helps. They are starting to look like they are “playing basketball” this year. Last year was the first year together and it was a little rough, but we are trying. Hope you get feeling better sir!

P. S. I also have played a lot  of slow pitch softball with Billy. 

Lil billy or Billy lol . That's where it starts the feeder program. That's why Barr reave is always good. Kids play together and run same stuff year in year out. Wish your boy well. Brody Shaw still playing good athlete right there.

2 minutes ago, Indiana muskie said:

Lil billy or Billy lol . That's where it starts the feeder program. That's why Barr reave is always good. Kids play together and run same stuff year in year out. Wish your boy well. Brody Shaw still playing good athlete right there.

Younger Billy, lol.  Yes he is. He had a nice game tonight probably 15 or so