Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2024 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

travis_perry11 @Travis_Perry11
Had an awesome time on my unofficial visit to Indiana University! Great day meeting all the coaches and seeing the beautiful campus and facilities. Thank you to the coaches for the invite and hospitality!

FSHop5-XEAAD--C?format=jpg%26name=small&key=69a5e742512fc0aca8420ffc709d16d5a76029acdc5653c5c45894474c588f50FSHop61XoAALHLi?format=jpg%26name=900x900&key=6e431b6e5e61097db613b9931b5add05351a1c86774b0e552a2594fc0d5db770

First glance I thought IU had photo shopped Hulls in and this was part of his announcement as recruiting coordinator

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7-2 Christian Brothers (MO) soph John Bol heard from IU today according to his guardian, Marcus Wilson. Top 25 in '24 nationally. Incredible story. From South Sudanese. Speaks 4 languages, 4.0 GPA, only been playing hoops 4 years. Michigan offer. IU likely to host in near future.

https://www.on3.com/news/meet-7-foot-2-sophomore-john-bol-the-human-cheat-code/

CBC is about 10 mins from me. Got to watch 1 of their practices last fall and sent this to the MOD’s at the time:
This kid is pretty fascinating. Really looking forward to following him. Apparently, he was found in a refugee camp by Marcus Wilson, who played for Jim Crews at Evansville, was on his staff at SLU and now does non-profit stuff. They seem to think his age is probably pretty accurate. He may or may not be 15, but he isn’t 20, either. Physically, Jesus, he may well be 7’2”, he’s 7’1” anyway. Can’t weigh more than 2 bills. Also really high cut. His coach is Justin Tatum, Jayson’s dad, who’s 6’10” and at 1 point was working with him on post positioning. Justin was working him off the block like he was a cardboard cutout.  He can bend his knees, but he just can’t create any leverage. Otherwise, he was very impressive. He practiced hard. He was totally engaged. Super vocal. At 1 point he was playing the point of their 1-2-2 drills and it was borderline ridiculous watching guards he had a foot on not really beating him laterally. And the shooting in that clip is not b.s. He shot it great in every drill. He’s got a lot to learn and I doubt he’s gonna be for everyone, but, my goodness, he’s got some freakshow traits.Their 1st game is against Link Academy, which is where Tarris Reed is this year. I AM gonna find thatgame. 

Thanks for the eyewitness account

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I'll gladly take any edge we can get.

There is a loose connection to the state of Indiana, as Bol’s guardian Marcus Wilson grew up in South Bend and played college basketball at Evansville.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2024-names-to-know-7-foot-2-center-john-bol/?fbclid=IwAR1Ppw5hzs16H1GpbRB3FQp7xHxyFlC5wjvB8ADb2rzCyd4xw_EqyztKFEI

Really unsure how much interest we actually have in Anthony Gilkes.  Bit of a vagabond at the high school level so I wonder about his commitment level at the college level.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2022/05/18/class-of-2024-top-40-prospect-anthony-gilkes-talks-high-school-transfer-and-move-to-point-guard/

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Really unsure how much interest we actually have in Anthony Gilkes.  Bit of a vagabond at the high school level so I wonder about his commitment level at the college level.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2022/05/18/class-of-2024-top-40-prospect-anthony-gilkes-talks-high-school-transfer-and-move-to-point-guard/

Gilkes on Indiana:

Indiana: “They’re good. I feel like all the schools I went to were good. They had a good experience there and showed me a lot. I also got to meet some of the players there. It was good, it was fun.”

His comments on IUBB read like the letters I used to write home from sleep-away camp: "Camp is good. I am having fun. The other kids are nice. I am good."

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Gilkes on Indiana:

Indiana: “They’re good. I feel like all the schools I went to were good. They had a good experience there and showed me a lot. I also got to meet some of the players there. It was good, it was fun.”

His comments on IUBB read like the letters I used to write home from sleep-away camp: "Camp is good. I am having fun. The other kids are nice. I am good."

He could stand to have a Thesaurus app on the ready. 

Although he's made at least 2 trips to Bloomington, I assumed our interest in '24 CG Jacob Theososiou had waned but today I've seen reports we reached out to him after "'24 hunting season" opened last night at midnight.  He attends Western Reserve Academy in OH and plays AAU for Wildcat Select on the Adidas circuit.

Travis Perry also received contact from us.  He was in Bloomington just a few weeks ago.  From Kentucky but plays AAU for Indiana Elite on the Adidas circuit.