Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Sports Only - PLEASE and THANK YOU

9 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IU announced Friday masks will be optional at all campuses in indoor areas beginning March 4, according to an IU Today article. 

Indoor spaces where masks will be optional include classrooms, residence halls, dining spaces, common areas in buildings and IU Athletic venues.

Masks will still be required in healthcare settings and research spaces, according to the article.

The decision is a result of state and county public health orders expected to expire on March 4 as well as declining COVID-19 cases at IU and in Indiana, according to the article.

IU will still distribute KN95 and N95 masks.

Thank God.

51 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No one wore them at games anyways lol

Yeah there was a mix, this at least makes it official.

The wife and I really want to go to homecoming next year as well as a basketball game.  We usually stay in the IMU Hotel since we love it there, but there's no way we're doing these trips if we have to wear a mask since we'd be on campus the vast majority of the weekend.  

Re:  IHSAA state tournament

Indiana has changed guidelines for schools as numbers of covid cases have dropped.  Schools are no longer required to contact trace so unless a player is symptomatic or has a positive test, they will not be required to quarantine unless a school individual decides to do so.  I believe at this point most schools had moved to mask optional except on buses.

EJ Lidell playing tonight despite flu like symptoms.  Not Covid.  Influenza. 

I wonder how long before this is a big deal.  There will be a coach who refuses to let somebody with flu like symptoms play against his team because he doesn't want to deal with a flu outbreak on his team. 

EJ Lidell playing tonight despite flu like symptoms.  Not Covid.  Influenza. 
I wonder how long before this is a big deal.  There will be a coach who refuses to let somebody with flu like symptoms play against his team because he doesn't want to deal with a flu outbreak on his team. 

I’m raging pissed over the lies and have been for 2 years. But now, the regime is ready to move on, so everyone go back to business as usual and don’t ask logical questions. Also, let’s discuss Flu shots at some point.

I’m glad we are “back” but I will never forget the BS that has been pulled for over 2 years.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app