Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Sports Only - PLEASE and THANK YOU

From Dave Revsine of BTN - Clarification from the conference on the math behind the Big Ten Championship Gm eligibility rules: Assuming the 4 remaining games today are played, 12 of the 14 gms scheduled for the final 2 wks would need to be canceled for a team to qualify for Indy w/ fewer than 6 gms played.

Jeff Driskel tests positive for covid;  the remaining three Broncos QBs all considered close contacts none wore masks while they were in extended close contact.  NFL showing no mercy because of this -- Broncos game tomorrow against the Saints still on.  Broncos likely starting practice squad wide receiver Kendall Hinton, who was Wake Forest's starting QB as a freshman and played there occasionally the next two years.

The IHSAA and Lucas Oil safety procedures at the state games were a complete joke.  Fans were told to get there no sooner than a half hour before the start of a game....but they totally didn’t leave enough time between games to clear out and clean.  Games after the opener were starting a half hour late AND with tons of fans still outside.  Game I went to I was there in plenty of time for the original kickoff time and even with them pushing it back a half hour, I missed the full first quarter of the game as they kept to this time despite half the crowd still being outside because of their negligence.  Only three gates open on the North side.  Fans packed like sardines waiting to get in as there was nowhere else to stand while they took everyone’s temp....seriously, which is more dangerous, having someone enter with a temperature and sitting in seats that have been set up to be distanced, or putting everyone in close contact for an hour because you don’t staff it properly?

4 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Anyone think we will ever see 17000 in AH  or a capacity crowd  any indoor venue in again? I dont get the feeling a vaccine is gonna make things all better .

Yes, we'll get there eventually.  It's pretty amazing how some areas of the world are much closer to going about business like "mostly" normal. 

13 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I can't believe some people still haven't made it past the "The mask doesn't protect me. Why should I wear it?" phase. 

3 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

I can't believe there are people who think putting a cloth mask on their face is having any effect on the spread of a virus.

Coronavirus and SPORTS ONLY please.

thanks 

UConn shutting down a second time as it announced yesterday a member of the program had tested positive.  It's game against St. John's scheduled for this Friday has been postponed.

UConn previously went into quarantine for 14 days after a positive test on Nov. 5 before resuming operations on Nov. 19.

With all this talk of asterisks in every sport this year, here’s a question for the IU faithful. If this year’s national champion goes undefeated, what is the minimum number of games they would need to play this year for it to legitimately count as the next undefeated champion.

1 hour ago, Magnanimous said:

With all this talk of asterisks in every sport this year, here’s a question for the IU faithful. If this year’s national champion goes undefeated, what is the minimum number of games they would need to play this year for it to legitimately count as the next undefeated champion.

IU was 32-0, the UCLA undefeated seasons were 30-0. I would say if a team gets to 21-22 games in the regular season/conf. tourney(?) this year along with a full tournament in a bubble would suffice. That would get a team around the 30 game mark.

1 hour ago, Magnanimous said:

To try and keep topic about sports. I don’t think any team that had to cancel a game because of their own infections should truly count. But any team that keeps itself clean and can go undefeated in the games they play they should get the appropriate kudos. 

19 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

To try and keep topic about sports. I don’t think any team that had to cancel a game because of their own infections should truly count. But any team that keeps itself clean and can go undefeated in the games they play they should get the appropriate kudos. 

The cheaters will cheat at the Covid game just like any other area.

After their second noncon loss at home, (which has never happened under his tenure) Coach K is now calling for a pause to the season. “It doesn’t feel right,” he said. Others are also calling to pause it now as more programs halt games indefinitely (NC State). We may not see a full season or a tournament next year. 

Also, the whole “it doesn’t count anyway” crowd is going to always have their theories. Over/under they decide to pause the season soon?

After their second noncon loss at home, (which has never happened under his tenure) Coach K is now calling for a pause to the season. “It doesn’t feel right,” he said. Others are also calling to pause it now as more programs halt games indefinitely (NC State). We may not see a full season or a tournament next year. 

Also, the whole “it doesn’t count anyway” crowd is going to always have their theories. Over/under they decide to pause the season soon?

If he would have won one or both of the games, he wouldn't have said a word.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

And then Greenberg gets on Twitter and tells other coaches who criticize K to shut up and take care of their own team. I guess K is allowed to have an opinion, but others can't.

51 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

And then Greenberg gets on Twitter and tells other coaches who criticize K to shut up and take care of their own team. I guess K is allowed to have an opinion, but others can't.

Politicking!