Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

86-43 is the final score.

Full game stats available at:  http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=435818&_gl=1*ljvdxh*_ga*NTAxNzg2MDg0LjE2NjA3NDczNjc.*_ga_2ZWVK1X7BJ*MTY2NzYwMDkwNC43MC4wLjE2Njc2MDA5MDQuMC4wLjA.

Great start for Lilly Meister.  12p on 4-4 FG; 4-6 FT; 1r; 1a; 1s in 11 minutes.

12 separate Hoosiers scored.

This was our only scheduled exhibition game and the season starts for real next Tuesday night when we host Vermont.

Why Prolific shooters (mainly referring to 3 point shooting) forget how to shoot once in IU candy stripes…Is hypnosis needed?  In reality it will work itself and be a dominant strength of this team.

Team is set up to not be totally 3 point dependent and practices that way which is a very good thing.  In a little time clear minded confidence will gel itself out into a high energy smooth machine.

Part of getting off to a 5-0 start, including a win at Tennessee last Monday, has been the addition of transfers Sara Scalia and Sydney Parrish and the quick impact of freshman Yarden Garzon from Israel. Moren, who took the Hoosiers to the Elite Eight for the first time in 2021 and then to the Sweet 16 last season, has added strong complementary pieces around veterans Mackenzie Holmes and Grace Berger as the Hoosiers appear to be strong challengers for the Big Ten title.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'OF THE ESPN COA COACH LH WEEK INDIANA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL'

Had neither seen any highlights nor any photos from Vegas. 

What an embarrassing atmosphere for college sports -- particularly one that is trying to grow. This is essentially in a banquet room at the Mirage. 

This was the so-called Las Vegas Invitational. Jeezus -- a local high school gym would've been a better option. 

10 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

What an embarrassing atmosphere for college sports -- particularly one that is trying to grow. This is essentially in a banquet room at the Mirage. 

This was the so-called Las Vegas Invitational. Jeezus -- a local high school gym would've been a better option. 

AAU summer tournaments are set up better than this

8 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This might come off as insensitive and I don’t mean for it to, as maybe there are other things that made the setup bad, but is this not just the Battle 4 Atlantis without bleachers and cool lighting? Not sure if there were no options for fans to attend (that would be bad) or what the deal was.

20 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

This might come off as insensitive and I don’t mean for it to, as maybe there are other things that made the setup bad, but is this not just the Battle 4 Atlantis without bleachers and cool lighting? Not sure if there were no options for fans to attend (that would be bad) or what the deal was.

The problem was that the teams were told that the facility would have a certain look that would make the fan/tv experience more appealing. 

The facility and organizers did not fulfill this end of the deal and have admitted as much. 

Regarding the atmosphere at Vegas…T. Moren stated court had nothing to do with G. Berger injury.  She also said that the hotel ballroom atmosphere was different than what was presented when agreement was made to play at the Mirage.  For all coaches and players once there were in a damm if you play and damm if you don’t situation.  Either decision to play or not play was worse than the other in speaking to how ridiculous the atmospheric arrangement was.  Who does in depth screening for these types of games???

Speaking to injuries I am not so sure that set up of this ballroom did not contribute to injuries of not only Grace but Auburn player as well.  It was an unserious attempt making it like a playground atmosphere on a playground court in a middle school cafeteria or a street basketball atmosphere.  The players had to demonstrate composure to make it a legitimate basketball event.   I will remain neutral (though it doesn’t matter) whether this atmosphere was a contributing factor but there were (2) more serious type injuries in this atmosphere set up at the Mirage in as many nights.  I know injuries happen on the best courts in the best facilities. Just my analysis.

12 minutes ago, TTT said:

Regarding the atmosphere at Vegas…T. Moren stated court had nothing to do with G. Berger injury.  She also said that the hotel ballroom atmosphere was different than what was presented when agreement was made to play at the Mirage.  For all coaches and players once there were in a damm if you play and damm if you don’t situation.  Either decision to play or not play was worse than the other in speaking to how ridiculous the atmospheric arrangement was.  Who does in depth screening for these types of games???

Speaking to injuries I am not so sure that set up of this ballroom did not contribute to injuries of not only Grace but Auburn player as well.  It was an unserious attempt making it like a playground atmosphere on a playground court in a middle school cafeteria or a street basketball atmosphere.  The players had to demonstrate composure to make it a legitimate basketball event.   I will remain neutral (though it doesn’t matter) whether this atmosphere was a contributing factor but there were (2) more serious type injuries in this atmosphere set up at the Mirage in as many nights.  I know injuries happen on the best courts in the best facilities. Just my analysis.

Grace was hurt in the first minute of the game when another girl landed on her. I was watching, 100% without a doubt, that court played no part in that injury. I can also tell you, from coaching and playing on those types of courts, I actually liked them more than a regular court. I felt it had more spring to it and it was like it was softer. Idk, it seemed that way in my head. 

I think the Mirage and promoter for the event should be held accountable for the poor atmosphere they produced, we gotta move past the "court was an issue" thing though. It just wasn't. 

48 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I'm with you. We still shouldn't be lied to, though.