Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

So before the BTT, we were projected to be a 4 seed. 

We won 3 games in a row, 2 against Top 15 teams...and we're still a 4 seed. 

Maybe women's bracketology just works differently? 

How did the teams immediately ahead of IU do in their respective tournaments?

15 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Team will most likely pass Tennessee or Maryland for a 3.

Don't listen to Creme who is not very good.

Autumn Johnson is much better at it and moved IU to a 3:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2022-03-08/bracketology-2022-ncaa-womens-tournament-bracket-predictions-less-week

15 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Well, Creme has Tennessee as a 3 seed. Tennessee lost to Kentucky in the tournament. Since January 27th, Tennessee is 5 - 7 and has one Net Quad 2 loss to Alabama.  Beat Texas in November, but probably not on same level as Texas now.

Creme has Texas as a 3 seed. Big-12 tournament is coming up this weekend.  Texas has an early season win over Stanford and a January and February win over Iowa State. 8 - 4 in Net Quad 1 and 6 - 1 in Quad 2.  A win against Kansas State in the quarters in Big-12 tournament should solidify them as a #3.  

Iowa the other #3 in Bracketology and beat us three times so cannot argue that placement; but considering all three of our matchups were on tired legs and losses of 5, 6, and 7 points, we should be on same line.

Creme has Michigan as a #3.  We all know what Michigan has done and can do.  Might be about right.

Johnson agrees with Creme on Iowa and Michigan.  Differs on Texas and Tennessee.  She has Texas as a 2 seed flipping with Iowa State and Tennessee as  a 4 seed flipping with us.

Given all that background.  Tennessee is the most logical flip.  We have gone 8-6 over the same time frame as Tennessee with a strong performance in B10 tournament.   Further, we are two spots ahead of Tennessee in the net ranking at 15 compared to Tennessee at 17. We are also ahead significantly in the AP and Coach's poll - us 11/10, Tennessee 19/17.

Women are three seed and drew a tough path with a red hot UK team who they destroyed in second round. Holmes was terrific in that game and UK has no answer for her so hopefully she is healthy,. Than UConn In Connecticut. Rough draw but glad they got NC State who they can play with and did early this year and not South Carolina as their one seed. 

From Seth Tow -

Ali Patberg finishes 9th on IU's all-time scoring list (1,752 career points), T-8th in PPG (14.2), 3rd in assists (528), and 9th in 3P% (34.9).

Aleksa Gulbe finishes #26 on the all-time scoring list (1,072) and #8 in blocks (112).

Grace Berger placed 12th in #iuwbb history in single-season points (535), and T-6th in single season assists (154).

Nicole Cardaño-Hillary tied for 9th in single-season steals (72).

Mackenzie Holmes is now third in #iuwbb history in career blocks (150). 

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The honors and recognition keep rolling in.

Great honor!

However, I don't believe many of girls ahead of her, have as complete of a game as she does. She will have the opportunity to showcase her game next year. And McKenzie, as well.

Has anybody seen or does anybody know anything about Sydney Parrish's plans? Wondering if we have any shot? 

An obvious guess would be that she may want to move closer to home, but who knows? And these days, that unfortunately could mean our "friends" a hundred miles or so to the north. I have a feeling Katie Gearlds will be more formidable on the recruiting trail than Sharon Versyp. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Has anybody seen or does anybody know anything about Sydney Parrish's plans? Wondering if we have any shot? 

An obvious guess would be that she may want to move closer to home, but who knows? And these days, that unfortunately could mean our "friends" a hundred miles or so to the north. I have a feeling Katie Gearlds will be more formidable on the recruiting trail than Sharon Versyp. 

Someone had posted on a Facebook group for IU women’s basketball that there was a 2 o’clock announcement yesterday. I was hoping it was regarding her but never heard anything about itSomeone had posted on a Facebook group for IU women’s basketball that there was a 2 o’clock announcement yesterday. I was hoping it was regarding her but never heard anything about it

3 hours ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Didnt know where to put this, i dont think well go after her, just posted this to note that a big time player is leaving the b1g

1CE758F9-01C2-44C7-A1E0-0D26054F03E3.jpeg

No mention of coach Frese?!

We've had players transfer out and questions raised about what's going on.  Why are they leaving?  What's Coach Moren doing?

I would encourage you to go to the link below and look at what's going on in the transfer portal across the whole spectrum of women's college basketball.  Transfers in the women's programs are as big of an epidemic as they are in the men's programs.

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-d-i-2021-22/