Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

9 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

On top so they get a little crunchy on the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wild (albeit correct) response from a guy with a profile picture featuring pizza that has pepperonis buried beneath everything else. 

Wild (albeit correct) response from a guy with a profile picture featuring pizza that has pepperonis buried beneath everything else. 

Ok but while stuffed pizzas are my favorite-age now dictates a thin pizza and with that I love the pepperoni on top.

If you guys have not watched this you should. Two doctors who have studied viruses for years and have seen this play out at the patient level have now studied the data from several countries.

They have the benefit of time now and data and make several very interesting comments regarding herd vs shelter in place, reopening and how the virus has impacted us through infection and death.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

54 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

If you guys have not watched this you should. Two doctors who have studied viruses for years and have seen this play out at the patient level have now studied the data from several countries.

They have the benefit of time now and data and make several very interesting comments regarding herd vs shelter in place, reopening and how the virus has impacted us through infection and death.

Can you summarize this?  Their key points?

Can you summarize this?  Their key points?

They have done around 5,000 tests. They took the local data they had and equated it to the state and then the whole country without context, just a blanket. They used that local (Bakersfield) data to equate this to the flu. This was made by two doctors who are co-owners in a chain of for profit ambulatory practices. So they have a special interest in everything opening up. That’s why they had quite a few people locally come out against their conclusions. At this point what they said will further stoke the people that are all about opening everything now. The people against that will point out what their interests are and point to nobody is backing them. If I forgot anything I am sure someone will fill in the blanks.

They have done around 5,000 tests. They took the local data they had and equated it to the state and then the whole country without context, just a blanket. They used that local (Bakersfield) data to equate this to the flu. This was made by two doctors who are co-owners in a chain of for profit ambulatory practices. So they have a special interest in everything opening up. That’s why they had quite a few people locally come out against their conclusions. At this point what they said will further stoke the people that are all about opening everything now. The people against that will point out what their interests are and point to nobody is backing them. If I forgot anything I am sure someone will fill in the blanks.

Did you listen to them or just read the comments? Because while they just have 5000 individual tests they discuss worldwide numbers and present some good points.

They discussed how we our bodies develop immunities by exposure to viruses.

They discussed how by isolation we may be lowering our immunities.

They discussed how colleagues are now being pressured to add Covid to their diagnostic list even if they don’t think it was a significant cause of death.

It is a good listen. Don’t shortcut it by reading comments of people we don’t know.

I did not come away in complete agreement with what hey said but they discussed several things from a scientific and medical point which is valid.

14 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Did you listen to them or just read the comments? Because while they just have 5000 individual tests they discuss worldwide numbers and present some good points.

They discussed how we our bodies develop immunities by exposure to viruses.

They discussed how by isolation we may be lowering our immunities.

They discussed how colleagues are now being pressured to add Covid to their diagnostic list even if they don’t think it was a significant cause of death.

It is a good listen. Don’t shortcut it by reading comments of people we don’t know.

I did not come away in complete agreement with what hey said but they discussed several things from a scientific and medical point which is valid.

I did a bit of research and yeah it’s seems like other local experts disagree strongly with them. 

I did a bit of research and yeah it’s seems like other local experts disagree strongly with them. 

I think it is fair to disagree in some areas but I would still listen. They make some good points and discuss some things no one else is.

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I think it is fair to disagree in some areas but I would still listen. They make some good points and discuss some things no one else is.

Maybe but if they claim it’s the flu  is true then I’m skeptical they are being unbiased because of math.

So far 55,000 people have died from this in the US. In order for to be the same as the flu 55 million people would face bad to have had covid. Or around a 6th of the population. 

New York the hardest hit area comes closest to this and even they were at 14%. So unless every other bit of the country is secretly as hard hit as New York the math doesn’t work. 

[/url]

It makes a lot of sense to me. Based on the numbers (inflated or not)/virulence/pathology. This has been my conclusions as I follow the numbers as well. It’s still unbelievable to me.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app