Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

Maybe but if they claim it’s the flu  is true then I’m skeptical they are being unbiased because of math.

So far 55,000 people have died from this in the US. In order for to be the same as the flu 55 million people would face bad to have had covid. Or around a 6th of the population. 

New York the hardest hit area comes closest to this and even they were at 14%. So unless every other bit of the country is secretly as hard hit as New York the math doesn’t work. 

If you get a chance listen to them. They don’t say this is the flu but they do walk through number of cases, population and deaths and they compare that to the flu. Even if this is 5 times worse than the flu I can still be like the flu.

They make some good points and it is worth listening to.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

If you get a chance listen to them. They don’t say this is the flu but they do walk through number of cases, population and deaths and they compare that to the flu. Even if this is 5 times worse than the flu I can still be like the flu.

They make some good points and it is worth listening to.

I’ll try and listen to it tonight.  But 5x as deadly is still not like the flu because we have a vaccine for the flu. That’s the key here.  If we had a vaccine none of this would be happening 

I’ll try and listen to it tonight.  But 5x as deadly is still not like the flu because we have a vaccine for the flu. That’s the key here.  If we had a vaccine none of this would be happening 

5x was my exaggerated number. They suggest it is much closer.

My main point is that they make several points in the discussion and some I have not heard much discussion on. They did a good job of discussing worldwide numbers now that we have some perspective.

They also discuss some costs of being closed down which are worth discussing.

It makes a lot of sense to me. Based on the numbers (inflated or not)/virulence/pathology. This has been my conclusions as I follow the numbers as well. It’s still unbelievable to me.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I was wondering what you would think given your medical background. Seems as if people have been saying follow the science but no one wants to listen to these guys discuss just that.

An hour is not easy to find to listen to something. I get that but we, myself included, will spend that time reading others debunk these guys and yet we don’t know many of the debunkers.

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Thanks Tim McCarver.  

2 thoughts.

Look at death rates. Look at death rates of other outbreaks.

Something is clearly different here and based off the numbers alone you wouldn’t be seeing this reaction.

This information tells me there is something more at play. If they are willing to shut down entire countries based off these numbers, there is somethings we aren’t privy to.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I was wondering what you would think given your medical background. Seems as if people have been saying follow the science but no one wants to listen to these guys discuss just that.

An hour is not easy to find to listen to something. I get that but we, myself included, will spend that time reading others debunk these guys and yet we don’t know many of the debunkers.

Based on my medical training the stuff they are saying is sound. My immunology background is rudimentary but everything they say is correct, assuming we are being told the truth about this Coronavirus. Many are saying it doesn’t behave like other Corona Viruses though.

It’s modified/mutated/ and it’s origins are widely speculated. I am stuck because I have to trust the experts (which experts) Was this a naturally occurring virus, or a genetically modified virus.

Our bodies recognize CV and can respond to CV. And for the most part everyone does well with COVID19. But then, why does .01-5% struggle with this one? Co-Morbidities? Sure. Same as the flu.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

5x was my exaggerated number. They suggest it is much closer.

My main point is that they make several points in the discussion and some I have not heard much discussion on. They did a good job of discussing worldwide numbers now that we have some perspective.

They also discuss some costs of being closed down which are worth discussing.

5x is probably actually low. In New York 14% infected with 22,000 dead. Translates to about .8% versus .1% for the flu. 

And who knows what that rate would have been without social distancing slowing it in New York. 

2 thoughts.

Look at death rates. Look at death rates of other outbreaks.

Something is clearly different here and based off the numbers alone you wouldn’t be seeing this reaction.

This information tells me there is something more at play. If they are willing to shut down entire countries based off these numbers, there is somethings we aren’t privy to.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

At least it isn’t the Black Plague on it’s 2nd go around. Right?

55 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

This entire pandemic is one enormous pissing match.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Imagine being in the infinitely small group of people that actually know what they’re talking about and being completely drowned out by the ~billions of blabbering idiots. 

Did you listen to them or just read the comments? Because while they just have 5000 individual tests they discuss worldwide numbers and present some good points.

They discussed how we our bodies develop immunities by exposure to viruses.

They discussed how by isolation we may be lowering our immunities.

They discussed how colleagues are now being pressured to add Covid to their diagnostic list even if they don’t think it was a significant cause of death.

It is a good listen. Don’t shortcut it by reading comments of people we don’t know.

I did not come away in complete agreement with what hey said but they discussed several things from a scientific and medical point which is valid.

I did give it a watch. The only comments I read on it were from other doctors providing their opinions on what they presented. It’s still getting pretty good news coverage and it was posted close to a week ago. I wouldn’t discredit it all. I feel everything about this whole thing is somewhere in the middle. I am for the economy opening back up. I think a lot of people will die when we do so if it’s all pretty much at once. The people I love get to be at home during this. Luckily I get to work from home along with a lot of people for work. Opening things back up are a win/win for me. Even though I think normal is now different no matter which way you look at it.

Imagine being in the infinitely small group of people that actually know what they’re talking about and being completely drowned out by the ~billions of blabbering idiots. 

Haha exactly. Everyone is an expert. Especially those conspiracy theorists.

5 hours ago, 8bucks said:

If you guys have not watched this you should. Two doctors who have studied viruses for years and have seen this play out at the patient level have now studied the data from several countries.

They have the benefit of time now and data and make several very interesting comments regarding herd vs shelter in place, reopening and how the virus has impacted us through infection and death.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Propaganda push.  House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is a "friend".  This video is laughable.

Screenshot_20200427-181001.png

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention added six novel coronavirus symptoms to its list, suggesting that health experts are learning more about the growing number of ways physicians see the virus affecting patients.

The new symptoms, which the CDC reports could appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus, are:

Chills

Repeated shaking with chills

Muscle pain

Headache

Sore throat

New loss of taste or smell

Previously, the CDC listed just three known symptoms: shortness of breath, cough and fever.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention added six novel coronavirus symptoms to its list, suggesting that health experts are learning more about the growing number of ways physicians see the virus affecting patients.
The new symptoms, which the CDC reports could appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus, are:
Chills
Repeated shaking with chills
Muscle pain
Headache
Sore throat
New loss of taste or smell
Previously, the CDC listed just three known symptoms: shortness of breath, cough and fever.

So the flu-like symptoms?