Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU @ Michigan 2/16 1 pm CBS

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

I was a strong voice against Brunk at the beginning of the year and felt he should have a 10-15 minute backup role. he did have a few games where he showed that I may be wrong but lately it's mostly what I thought. 

He just cannot play defense and for some reason this team uses him as the focal point of the offense. They are correct that once he touches the ball he is going to shoot it, its frustrating how much he gets the ball vs TJD. Why he continues to start along with Smith is basically malpractice. You have two players that are offensive black holes playing a majority of your minutes. 

Brunk couldnt get on the floor at Butler. He has a valuable role at IU but its not the focal point of the offense. Though I knew when we signed him Archie would play Joey come hell or high water and try to force something that isnt there.

27 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Does anyone have any insight on if Crean or Archie (or any coach), have utilized Wayne Winston and his analysis? Feel like having that resource in your backyard and not utilizing it just seems so silly. 

Does anyone have any insight on if Crean or Archie (or any coach), have utilized Wayne Winston and his analysis? Feel like having that resource in your backyard and not utilizing it just seems so silly. 

I took classes from him while Crean was there, and Crean was using him. I don't know the extent of his work, but he was doing lineup analysis like this. Some of our class assignments were things like finding the most effective lineups and making rotation recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne Winston was on with Dakich yesterday. Some interesting lineup notes. Interestingly he said there are no lineup combinations that involve Rob that are good. The best lineups have Green in. Hunter needs to play more. And TJD + Brunk is extremely terrible. Some of these seem obvious. I think people will be surprised about Green and Phin

Wayne Winston was on with Dakicu yesterday. Some interesting lineup notes. Interestingly he said there are no lineup combinations that involve Rob that are good. The best lineups have Green in. Hunter needs to play more. And TJD + Brunk is extremely terrible. Some of these seem obvious. I think people will be surprised about Green and Phin

He also said Hunter has been really good but he is terrible when on the court with Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

He also said Hunter has been really good but he is terrible when on the court with Rob.

Right. Everybody unfortunately is terrible with Rob. I wonder if Green's sloppiness is less of a negative on the team than many think because the offense in general is so bad. For instance, Green takes some bad shots, but that would hurt a lot more if we were consistently getting good shots, so we were getting a bad shot instead of a good one. Instead Green taking a bad shot often means a different player isn't taking a shot that they're unlikely to hit. 

Rob, OTOH, is fairly steady, but because we don't have many playmakers, he doesn't contribute much. Hopefully this is all because of his injury, and he's a different player next year, but I'm concerned.

Right. Everybody unfortunately is terrible with Rob. I wonder if Green's sloppiness is less of a negative on the team than many think because the offense in general is so bad. For instance, Green takes some bad shots, but that would hurt a lot more if we were consistently getting good shots, so we were getting a bad shot instead of a good one. Instead Green taking a bad shot often means a different player isn't taking a shot that they're unlikely to hit. 
Rob, OTOH, is fairly steady, but because we don't have many playmakers, he doesn't contribute much. Hopefully this is all because of his injury, and he's a different player next year, but I'm concerned.

That’s actually not what the analytics say about Rob. Just that he’s bad with certain players just as it is the other way around.

That’s actually not what the analytics say about Rob. Just that he’s bad with certain players just as it is the other way around.

It says that no lineups with Rob on the floor are good, but that those lineups are better when you sub a different guard in for him. He's not helping the team this year, maybe because of injury. But either way, the team is generally not effective when he's playing.

I don't think Rob is bad, but I think the passive version of him is. I'd love him to attack and look for his shot more. But if he's not going to do that then he's not adding anything other than a steady hand to a bad offense with no playmakers. The team needs more from him