Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

1 mid-major. Iona.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Correct ...and I love the kid maybe more than anyone but I wouldn’t offer him right  now either ...I’d wait to see start of junior season to monitor physical growth and make sure he stays injury free.  Also gives a chance to follow his summer schedule even though I don’t put quite the same emphasis on that that everyone else does.

14 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

It’s a shame you won’t get to see him.  It’s not the same as in person because the quality isn’t great but they do stream the Blackford game on the Blackford sports network on YouTube.

I agree as far as seeing him play with more skilled kids ( both with and against ) but I’m not always convinced that’s accomplished in the summer leagues.  They seem, especially recently, to have trended into more of an  nba all-star game type of showcase.  Kids try and dominate the ball and showcase offensive skill more than they try to win or play team oriented basketball.  If he would have stayed in Brownsburg he’d be scoring less points per game sharing with Thomas but he’d be doing it more efficiently from getting actual open shots not being triple teamed and he would probably double his assists if not more.

I definitely agree with you about summer leagues. A lot of guys care mostly about getting exposure and that isn't always conducive to team play. Him being a guard helps with that, though, because he doesn't have to rely on someone else to feed him the ball like a post player does. If he's good enough to play at this level a coach out there will give him a chance to. If it's not at IU, it wouldn't shock me if he comes back to haunt us like some other players we've passed on have.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I definitely agree with you about summer leagues. A lot of guys care mostly about getting exposure and that isn't always conducive to team play. Him being a guard helps with that, though, because he doesn't have to rely on someone else to feed him the ball like a post player does. If he's good enough to play at this level a coach out there will give him a chance to. If it's not at IU, it wouldn't shock me if he comes back to haunt us like some other players we've passed on have.

Amen

13 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Sagarin has their schedule 347th

Blackford: 123 rpi and 158 sagrin ....not gangbusters ....but upper third.  If they would switch the three games I suggested they would probably be in the 50-100 range in those which would be extremely respectable at 2A size 

14 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The reason college coaches haven’t been coming to watch him during the season is because it’s hard to get a true evaluation of him as a player when his team is playing that kind of schedule. College coaches get 7 evaluations during the school year and many don’t want to use one up knowing a true evaluation wouldn’t be possible. For Luke Brown and for fans of his, his best option right or wrong is to prove it on the court against better competition during the Summer. He will get every opportunity to prove it in front of college coaches in the Summer. I look forward to catching some of his summer games

I won’t have as many opportunity to get to those this summer so I’d love your feedback on anything you are able to catch.  I think that is correct on using an evaluation but I think that’s only one piece of the puzzle.  There were a couple games this year that were worthy of evaluation ( meaning potential college level opponents) and a healthy amount of games against solid teams were you could appropriately evaluate Luke. I just think it’s too early to use them ....seeing how he physically develops is important so I don’t think you’ll see in-season coach appearances until early next year assuming he puts on another 10lbs and keeps improving ( which I can safely assume ).  Next years northwestern game will be worthwhile with tayson Parker vs Luke...two birds one stone.  In season tourney where we could match up with Barr Reeve would be a nice addition also.  Delta this Friday will be a great measuring stick as well.

6 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I think you must have greatly misunderstood any point I made.  I never said anything remotely negative about Lander...not a single thing.  And you’re correct, the reason is perceived athleticism.  Which is why I’m suggesting more diligence is necessary in evaluation. I haven’t ever, nor would I ever, bash a kid.

So what, exactly, is your connection to Brown? You’ve been spamming two different forums for the better part of a month now with nothing but Luke Brown updates. A player who, at this point, projects to be a mid major talent. I never see you post in any other topics other than the Luke Brown threads.

Your obsession here is very telling. Are you a parent? Close family friend? On another forum you said you wanted to be his dad and then followed up by saying you wanted to be Luke. This is all very odd behavior. 

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

So what, exactly, is your connection to Brown? You’ve been spamming two different forums for the better part of a month now with nothing but Luke Brown updates. A player who, at this point, projects to be a mid major talent. I never see you post in any other topics other than the Luke Brown threads.

Your obsession here is very telling. Are you a parent? Close family friend? On another forum you said you wanted to be his dad and then followed up by saying you wanted to be Luke. This is all very odd behavior. 

Wondering too! You mentioned being at the team pizza party!

This will probably be my lost post on this thread until AAU season but I’ll leave it at this. I posted a few pages back about my cousin’s husband working with Brown and his assessment of Brown as a player. my cousin’s husband is the white guy in the pics below. I’m sure you can guess who he’s guarding. If he says Brown can play regardless of competition, I’m inclined to believe him.

279F9A9A-835D-496C-8E59-D47E13C21261.jpeg

76659C0A-77A9-4F92-9B3F-6F25EE6CD075.jpeg

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

1. What is spamming ?

2. The change of forum didn’t help you develop a sense of humor I see .....

3. I’m a Blackford resident and huge fan of Blackford sports ....I know their family and the Hoover’s but I would say more acquaintance than friend ......I don’t vacation with them or anything.

10 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

This will probably be my lost post on this thread until AAU season but I’ll leave it at this. I posted a few pages back about my cousin’s husband working with Brown and his assessment of Brown as a player. my cousin’s husband is the white guy in the pics below. I’m sure you can guess who he’s guarding. If he says Brown can play regardless of competition, I believe him.

279F9A9A-835D-496C-8E59-D47E13C21261.jpeg

76659C0A-77A9-4F92-9B3F-6F25EE6CD075.jpeg

That is AWESOME.  I think you, ray and his brother, and the frankton coach have  had the most accurate impression of this kid.

44 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

1. What is spamming ?

2. The change of forum didn’t help you develop a sense of humor I see .....

3. I’m a Blackford resident and huge fan of Blackford sports ....I know their family and the Hoover’s but I would say more acquaintance than friend ......I don’t vacation with them or anything.

What humor is in your posts? Your entire post history is pumping up a 16 year old kid in your town and sprinkling in comments that make me wonder when the restraining order is coming. 

8 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

What humor is in your posts? Your entire post history is pumping up a 16 year old kid in your town and sprinkling in comments that make me wonder when the restraining order is coming. 

In all fairness, sir, how many Romeo fans had restraining orders placed on them for hyping him up?  Romeo had grown men raving on him, too (as have many young athletes) and many weren't anywhere in the vicinity of his home town and had no direct connection.  It's an open forum.  Brown plays in this guy's hometown, a very small town mind you where people know most of their neighbors (if not all of them).

I'm not saying Brown is the level of Romeo or Damon Bailey, but at the same time, he just might make Damon sweat his record a bit.  To call him out as some child stalker is ridiculous and uncalled for.  I didn't want to get involved, but I'm not going to sit and let someone slam another poster who has done nothing more than cheer on a hometown hero on a forum which allows it without stepping in and calling you out.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of followers who will ridicule me for even stepping in, but I'm sure there are others on this forum who agree with me that you've taken it too far.  His posts have been almost exclusively positive and he's hyped up, like a whole lot of other people are.

9 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

When someone recognizes my particularly high level of fandom and in turn ( and in jest ) says “ Luke ...is this you posting ?” And I respond with “ god I wish I was “ .....I would hope you would be able to parse out the relatively obvious level of facetiousness attached in said comment.  Even if you didn’t find the comment funny, as was the intent, I would hope you could at least say “ man that guy was attempting to be funny he just sucks at it “.  As much as I DO wish I had the talent and dedication he does I would actually not prefer to go back and be a 16 year old ( most of the time at least).  Anytime I’m answering one of your questions I’ll be super serious and not lead you to believe I actually want to be him.  Will that help ?  And also would you rather I not pump him up or give an evaluation ?  I was under the impression this was a Luke brown forum ....should I not discuss him ?

In all fairness, sir, how many Romeo fans had restraining orders placed on them for hyping him up?  Romeo had grown men raving on him, too (as have many young athletes) and many weren't anywhere in the vicinity of his home town and had no direct connection.  It's an open forum.  Brown plays in this guy's hometown, a very small town mind you where people know most of their neighbors (if not all of them).
I'm not saying Brown is the level of Romeo or Damon Bailey, but at the same time, he just might make Damon sweat his record a bit.  To call him out as some child stalker is ridiculous and uncalled for.  I didn't want to get involved, but I'm not going to sit and let someone slam another poster who has done nothing more than cheer on a hometown hero on a forum which allows it without stepping in and calling you out.
I'm sure you'll have plenty of followers who will ridicule me for even stepping in, but I'm sure there are others on this forum who agree with me that you've taken it too far.  His posts have been almost exclusively positive and he's hyped up, like a whole lot of other people are.

Kid will definitely have a shot at Baileys record. SOS around 340 and a coach that will leave him in when they are up 40