Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Indiana vs Nebraska 1/14/19 6:30pm FS1

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

So it's the fault of fans over 50 that McRoberts gets so much playing time? 

I do think Archie feels some pressure to play him because of all the love he gets for his “hustle.” What he brings to the court does not make up for what he lacks in my opinion. Why does IU always have to be the program with a walk-on playing major minutes every year?

1 minute ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

I hope Glass has the balls to make a big name hire after Archie is run out of town.

LOL he'd do like he did last time.  Talk big and make us think he's going to get us a super car, only this time he'd actually deliver a broken down Yugo instead of a used Honda Civic.

6 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Not if they they do what they should have done two years ago for Billy Donovan, and sign a blank check and give it to him and Brad Stevens and say, first one to write their name on it can have it. 

Neither filled it out.

15 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Honestly, if we didn’t have so many 50+ IU traditionalist fans who get all giggly just because a guy dives on the floor, we would have made it harder to continue playing McRoberts once we actually recruited some four stars. How many walk-ons do Duke and Kentucky play significant minutes??

You really think Archie looks down the bench and thinks “who should I put in to make the 50+ fans giggly” ?

LOL he'd do like he did last time.  Talk big and make us think he's going to get us a super car, only this time he'd actually deliver a broken down Yugo instead of a used Honda Civic.
I dontt like mid major hires. Far to risky.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I really have to question archies ability to evaluate talent in the fitzner situation. There were a ton of grad transfer options available. A give him an F on this one.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

He also recruited two guys who aren't playing a single minute. People can blame it all they want on Crean's players but the fact is Archie hasn't done himself really any favors. 

1 minute ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

I do think Archie feels some pressure to play him because of all the love he gets for his “hustle.” What he brings to the court does not make up for what he lacks in my opinion. Why does IU always have to be the program with a walk-on playing major minutes every year?

First of all, what the eff does being over 50 have to do with Archie playing or not playing anybody? Second of all, I doubt Archie makes his decisions on playing time based on pressure from fans. I'm not exactly sure what he does base PT on, but I doubt it's the fans.