Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

4 Star QB Jack Tuttle transferring to IU (IMMEDIATELY ELIGIBLE)

36 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I'd prefer we not try that with the most important position on the field. 

Agreed. Two quarterback systems are less than ideal. Hard for a player to be comfortable when he's always looking over his shoulder. Pick one and stick with him. 

Not necessarily a 2 QB system but how many teams play 1 QB the entire year. Not very many. Clemson and ND are both good examples. The reality is more than likely both guys will get time on the field. Now Ramsey on the other hand if we get back to him there is a serious problem.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

Not happening this year or it would have already happened. They’ll probably wait and see if he can run a better offense with better QB options and if he can’t then he will be shown the door next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Unfortunately I think you are correct. :( 

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

Not happening this year or it would have already happened. They’ll probably wait and see if he can run a better offense with better QB options and if he can’t then he will be shown the door next year.

I’m afraid that Debord is probably here for another year. That being said I did see a couple of analysts and writers say there is stil a chance. They wouldn’t have fired him before signing day because of number of coaches out recruiting  so there’s still a small glimmer of hope that he’ll be gone

3 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

People need to quit lamenting re:DeBord. Assume he's here to stay and refocus.

I'm hoping the added QB brings internal competition and if players want to ***** and leave because of entitlements, then screw them. 

Do you need a hug?

5 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Not necessarily a 2 QB system but how many teams play 1 QB the entire year. Not very many. Clemson and ND are both good examples. The reality is more than likely both guys will get time on the field. Now Ramsey on the other hand if we get back to him there is a serious problem.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yep. True, fluid competition throughout the year isn’t necessarily a must, but it can seriously elevate the play at that position. 

Not a fan of a true 2 QB system but you NEED 2 QB’s that can play. Looks like we might end up with 3 or 3.5 here. 

So is this kid actually good or was he overrated as a recruit? 

Unless someone watched him practice at Utah, no one really knows. At a minimum he should be good for depth and hopefully between him and Penix we can find a 2-3 year QB

So is this kid actually good or was he overrated as a recruit? It seems a little odd to decide to transfer less than halfway through your first season. 

The article I read said that he was usually one of the last players to leave the practice field all the way up until the day before he decided to transfer so it sounds like he’s willing to work. To me it sounds like he saw he wasn’t going to play for 2 or 3 years and didn’t want to hold a clipboard that long.

8 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Unless someone watched him practice at Utah, no one really knows. At a minimum he should be good for depth and hopefully between him and Penix we can find a 2-3 year QB

You are correct we don’t really know. Rumor is and it’s just what I’ve heard is OC was going a new route. More pure dual threat etc.....just look how hard they pushed to get Jayden Daniels who just recently committed to ASU. From everything I’ve read and old interviews I found Tuttle can extend better than what suds couldn and definitely Lagow. I would say top speed he’s slightly slower than Ramsey, but he looks athletic enough to extend the play. He’s no penix or shea Patterson or mcsorely, but from what I saw on film he knows rpo given we keep debord right now since no announcement or anything since end of season. But most schools run some type of rpo I feel like.