Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

scoot

Summer of 2018

36 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Ahhh thank you for clarifying...

I initially read it as the coach (Archie) didn't love Romeo's intensity level..... but you are saying the coach who watched practice wasn't impressed with his intensity level?

I liked it better the other way... with Miller not approving of less intensity and then Romeo picking it up and winning the Gold Jersey

Lol, that's exactly how I read it, that CAM wasn't impressed with it

Two good podcast listens for iPhone users:

NBC Sports B1G Preview: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/big-ten-preview-podcast/id1051432354?i=1000422072371&mt=2

BTN Eric Gordon Interview: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/take-ten-with-alex-roux-eric-gordon/id271080895?i=1000422021629&mt=2

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Zach Osterman‏Verified account @ZachOsterman 

Per a release, IU is setting aside a section of 200 court-level, bleacher seats behind the south goal at basketball games that will be available exclusively to general admission student ticket holders for every home game. #iubb

"At noon two days before each home men’s basketball game, all student ticket holders with GA tickets for that contest will receive an e-mail with the offer to upgrade to this new courtside section. The first 200 to complete the free, upgrade process will be ... upgraded. "

"This select group of fans – who will be required to arrive at least one hour before tip-off to keep their seat – will not only enjoy some of the best seats in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, but will also receive a free giveaway and/or free concessions upon entry."

Zach Osterman‏Verified account @ZachOsterman 
Per a release, IU is setting aside a section of 200 court-level, bleacher seats behind the south goal at basketball games that will be available exclusively to general admission student ticket holders for every home game. #iubb
"At noon two days before each home men’s basketball game, all student ticket holders with GA tickets for that contest will receive an e-mail with the offer to upgrade to this new courtside section. The first 200 to complete the free, upgrade process will be ... upgraded. "
"This select group of fans – who will be required to arrive at least one hour before tip-off to keep their seat – will not only enjoy some of the best seats in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, but will also receive a free giveaway and/or free concessions upon entry."

I like the idea but the execution of it seems odd. Beyond that, these kids that get the upgrade will no longer be with their friends which is half the fub

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I like the idea but the execution of it seems odd. Beyond that, these kids that get the upgrade will no longer be with their friends which is half the fub

This is what I was thinking. People will rather sit with their friends than have better seats most likely. Most groups of people won’t all get the upgrade so I think they’re going to have trouble getting all of the people who signed up to sit there.

1 minute ago, The Ola Depot said:

This is what I was thinking. People will rather sit with their friends than have better seats most likely. Most groups of people won’t all get the upgrade so I think they’re going to have trouble getting all of the people who signed up to sit there.

Yeah they need to allow one member of a group to claim it for the whole group of tickets. 

And on top of that, the person has to arrive at least an hour early and hang out by themselves... brilliant!

And on top of that, the person has to arrive at least an hour early and hang out by themselves... brilliant!

The idea is definitely the start of something but I don’t think the execution is there. I’d say the safest way to go about it is to just let the first 200 people that arrive sit there but I think the reason this was implemented was to force people to show up early and doing it that way wouldn’t necessarily guarantee that.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/putting-the-16-teams-with-a-realistic-shot-at-winning-the-2019-ncaa-tournament-title-into-tiers/

Matt Norlander is picking us to win the national championship!

Well not really, but he at least thinks we have a chance.

Breakdown: Bring in a potential scoring and all-around college superstar (Romeo Langford), combine him with one of the three or four best players in the Big Ten (Juwan Morgan), team them up with one of the best young coaches in college basketball (Archie Miller) and that's my kind of wild card team. Indiana's forecast for 2018-19 is foggier than almost anyone is willing to admit, so here I am to clear conscience. I honestly believe the spectrum of outcomes for this team is as low as 18 wins and a 4 seed in the NIT ... and as high as a stunning national title run. Who knows, really, what to expect in year two for Miller at Indiana. He's coached himself into some amazing seasons with less-than-ideal roster situations in the past. Now he gets a pretty good IU team that wasn't as good on offense last season as it could have been. 

7 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I went to all the allotted football and basketball games and only 1 time did I ever sit with a friend. The game wasn't part of my packages and we bought the tickets in the parking lot. IU/Michigan Football '87. They were all FUN!

13 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I have a feeling they thought of that. Also, screw my friends, I’d go sit behind the basket without them!

Exactly, if my friends don't want to sit in good seats, don't, but you know where I'll be!

For those that track former players, a few quick updates courtesy of Verbal Commits http://verbalcommits.com/schools/indiana

Sophomores

• Ethan Lasko: Walk-On at Manhattan this year

Juniors

• Jeremiah April: Scholarship at D2 Wheeling Jesuit (West Virginia)
  • Grant Gelon: Unknown (I wonder if he walked away from the sport?)
  • Curtis Jones: Scholarship at Oklahoma State

Seniors

• Harrison Niego: Scholarship at D2 Hillsdale (Michigan)
  • Emmitt Holt: Scholarship at Providence

Please jump-in if I missed anyone!

22 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

For those that track former players, a few quick updates courtesy of Verbal Commits http://verbalcommits.com/schools/indiana

Sophomores

Juniors

Seniors

9 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Sophomores

Juniors

Seniors

Jeremiah April was in the same class as Robert Johnson and Priller the Thriller (and Emmitt Holt)...how the heck is he a junior?

1 hour ago, HoosierX said:

Jeremiah April was in the same class as Robert Johnson and Priller the Thriller (and Emmitt Holt)...how the heck is he a junior?

Great question, after a quick deep dive through Wheeling Jesuit's roster, April played one memorable year at IU ('14/15), set out a year ('15/16), played one year at Wabash Valley JUCO ('16/17), set out a year ('17/18), and is now playing his third year, Junior season, at Wheeling Jesuit.  Division II has slightly different rules in terms of eligibility so this isn't a big surprise.

Net, Jeremiah is on the 6-year plan and living his best life.

PRIOR TO WHEELING JESUIT

Played one season at NJCAA Wabash Valley (Illinois) in 2016-17 ... appeared in 26 games with eight starts ... averaged 4.0 ppg. and 2.7 rpg. ... Also played one season at NCAA Division I Indiana in 2014-15 ... Appeared in four games, playing a total of 17 minutes ... scored six points, grabbed five rebounds and blocked a pair of shots ... began the season by playing seven minutes against Mississippi Valley State, where he scored two points and grabbed two rebounds ... played five minutes against Savannah State, blocking one shot and coming away with one steal ... saw two minutes of action against Louisville ... in his Big Ten debut, scored four points while hauling in two rebounds in win at Rutgers

https://wjucardinals.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4278