Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

Recruiting profile on '21 Brooks Barnhizer from TheDailyHoosier

The 6-foot-6 wing is shooting 57 percent from the field overall and an impressive 45 percent (49-of-109) from three-point range.  All of those numbers have increased from a sophomore season that saw Barnhizer average 16.2 points while shooting 47 percent overall including 38 percent from behind the arc.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2021-names-to-know-in-state-wing-brooks-barnhizer/?fbclid=IwAR2nYltfbVh6KCFs2YjvoJPMcrNwr1-2o3jIrkFG9tg6xRzWPc_IiJTVzuA

MaxPreps Stats

# Gms Min. PPG FG% 3FG% FT% RBG Asst Stls Blk
Barnhizer, Brooks 19-20 25 n.a. 21.3 57% 45% 78% 10 5 2 2
    18-19 25 n.a. 16.2 47% 38% 71% 9 4 2 1

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Recruiting profile on '21 Brooks Barnhizer from TheDailyHoosier

The 6-foot-6 wing is shooting 57 percent from the field overall and an impressive 45 percent (49-of-109) from three-point range.  All of those numbers have increased from a sophomore season that saw Barnhizer average 16.2 points while shooting 47 percent overall including 38 percent from behind the arc.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2021-names-to-know-in-state-wing-brooks-barnhizer/?fbclid=IwAR2nYltfbVh6KCFs2YjvoJPMcrNwr1-2o3jIrkFG9tg6xRzWPc_IiJTVzuA

MaxPreps Stats

# Gms Min. PPG FG% 3FG% FT% RBG Asst Stls Blk
Barnhizer, Brooks 19-20 25 n.a. 21.3 57% 45% 78% 10 5 2 2
    18-19 25 n.a. 16.2 47% 38% 71% 9 4 2 1

The young man has a strong resume.

Both are listed at 6'6".  If stats are the only criteria Barnhizer's a pretty clear winner.   How is their defense; are they good teammates, etc., who knows?

# Gms PPG FG% 3FG% FT% RBG Asst Stls Blk
Goode, Luke '21 19-20 22 17.4 43% 30% 77% 7 3 1 1
    18-19 24 14.9 40% 35% 72% 6 2 1 1
    17-18 26 7.6 39% 38% 82% 3 1 0 0

Barnhizer, Brooks 19-20 25 21.3 57% 45% 78% 10 5 2 2
    18-19 25 16.2 47% 38% 71% 9 4 2 1

17 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Luke Goode and Homestead advance to a Friday night semifinal game against Fort Wayne South Side with a 70-50 win over Fort Wayne Wayne.  Goode with 14 pts.

image.png.e46c6a19dbb8fb4cc633dbbea5a2a382.png

If things go as they should...Homestead would face New Haven.  The Bulldogs have one Darrion Brooks, KBJ's younger brother.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Both are listed at 6'6".  If stats are the only criteria Barnhizer's a pretty clear winner.   How is their defense; are they good teammates, etc., who knows?

Goode, Luke '21 19-20 22 17.4 43% 30% 77% 7 3 1 1
    18-19 24 14.9 40% 35% 72% 6 2 1 1
    17-18 26 7.6 39% 38% 82% 3 1 0 0

Barnhizer, Brooks 19-20 25 21.3 57% 45% 78% 10 5 2 2
    18-19 25 16.2 47% 38% 71% 9 4 2 1

I don't like the fact Goode's three-point shooting has trended downwards each year and is now only at 30%.  From what I kept hearing all this time, I would have guessed he was a better shooter.  So, that 38% to 45% shooting from behind the arc makes Barnhizer mighty attractive and statistically he's superior to Goode on every category.  I've seen neither of them play, so I won't say more than that...other than mentioning the fact I also like that Barnhizer is the son of a coach, which often translates to a high basketball IQ.

Scoring doing the talking for Ohio guard

9640635.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs
Brayden Sipple is averaging almost 35 points per game (Photo: Mike Pegram, Peegs.com)

Junior shooting guard Brayden Sipple has been scoring at a rate that will make any college coach take notice.The Blanchester High guard leads the entire state of Ohio in scoring by over three points a game, averaging 34.6 points a contest.

While he's only received low major offers to date, Big Ten schools have taken notice. Indiana hosted him for a recent home game with Maryland and following that he made the trip to Value City Arena to see the home state Buckeyes host the Hoosiers on February 1st.
Peegs.com made the trip to the Cincinnati area on Tuesday night to get a glimpse of the 6-foot-4 prospect.

Sipple did not disappoint, dropping 43 points as Blanchester pulled away for a 92-65 home win over Leesburg-Fairfield.It was the fifth time this season he's scored 40 or more points in a game. Sipple scored in a variety of ways, many off his own defense as he recorded six steals on the night. His nice length is used at the top of extended pressure by coach Adam Weber and many of those points come on the break, where he's equally effective going to the basket or pulling up for a short jumper.

"His transition downhill game is you're either gonna follow him or he's gonna finish or he's gonna dunk," Weber said. "It's probably the part of his game that there really isn't an answer for. His pull up jumper, it's something we worked on so much between his freshman and sophomore more. He has the spot up three game. He's got the downhill penetration game and when you can stop on a dime and rise up and use your elevation, it's hard to target even contest that shot without fouling him."Blanchester is now 18-1 on the season and should be a difficult opponent for the bigger name Cincinnati area schools it will likely face in the upcoming Ohio playoffs.

Sipple told us he wants to study business management in college.

He enjoyed both of the recent Indiana games he took in and spoke about Bloomington trip for the Maryland game.

"The arena was nice, the atmosphere was crazy," Sipple said. "The fans, they got loud and it was awesome."

Nick Baumgart - New name for IU basketball: Gabe Wiznitzer, 6-foot-11, 240 out of Hargrave Military, top 150 talent IU plans to watch this week.  Wiznitzer is a skilled, big body post who will visit Cincinnati and Providence this spring, and will decide after that whether to stay in 2021 or reclassify to 2020. Already a senior, 2021 wld be a post-grad year if he returns. IU would probably want him in 2020.

6'11" 240 lbs from Chatham, VA.    4-star on 247; #126 nationally; #25 PF.

Snippet in late January.   Wiznitzer could technically go to college in 2020 or 2021. Right now the plan is to stick with 2021 and see how the process develops.  “Right now, coming into Hargrave I was planning on going 2021 just because I reclassified at The Christ School,” he said.  “I’m still planning on going 2021 because I’m just wanting my body to be ready for college.”

Rivals

Verbal Commits

48 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Nick Baumgart - New name for IU basketball: Gabe Wiznitzer, 6-foot-11, 240 out of Hargrave Military, top 150 talent IU plans to watch this week.  Wiznitzer is a skilled, big body post who will visit Cincinnati and Providence this spring, and will decide after that whether to stay in 2021 or reclassify to 2020. Already a senior, 2021 wld be a post-grad year if he returns. IU would probably want him in 2020.

6'11" 240 lbs from Chatham, VA.    4-star on 247; #126 nationally; #25 PF.

Snippet in late January.   Wiznitzer could technically go to college in 2020 or 2021. Right now the plan is to stick with 2021 and see how the process develops.  “Right now, coming into Hargrave I was planning on going 2021 just because I reclassified at The Christ School,” he said.  “I’m still planning on going 2021 because I’m just wanting my body to be ready for college.”

Rivals

Verbal Commits

i don’t know if the kid can play at all, but this is hysterical and must be shared. Shows him playing in pick and roll......and not getting the ball. Posting up.....and not getting the ball. Running the floor.......and not getting the ball. In this 5 minute clip, with his name in the title, mind you, he touches the ball a total of 4 times. 3 baskets, including dunking on a kid, and 1 terrible turnover. Also commits, not 1, but 2 and 1 fouls. Who posts this?

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

i don’t know if the kid can play at all, but this is hysterical and must be shared. Shows him playing in pick and roll......and not getting the ball. Posting up.....and not getting the ball. Running the floor.......and not getting the ball. In this 5 minute clip, with his name in the title, mind you, he touches the ball a total of 4 times. 3 baskets, including dunking on a kid, and 1 terrible turnover. Also commits, not 1, but 2 and 1 fouls. Who posts this?

Maybe those are his highlights lol

4 hours ago, Demo said:

My favorite was the fast break dunk at the 21 second mark... By the other team!

More from Baumgart on Gabe Wiznitzer - According to a source, IU is scheduled to watch Hargrave and 6-11 Gabe Wiznitzer at the National Prep Championships in London, CT.  Hargrave plays Wednesday 3 pm ET. IU plays at 8:45 ET in BTT.  Only other chance, gamble Hargrave wins Wed, fly in for 11 am ET game Thursday.

Nick Baumgart on Brooks Barnhizer's high school season stats.  NOTE:  There are some differences in the stats I reported for him from MaxPreps at the top of this page on March 4.

20.8 ppg 

9.5 rpg, 

4.6 apg,

2.3 spg,

1.7 bpg;

eFG 63.8%;

141-226 2s (62%),

49-110 3s (45%),

109-140 FTs (78%)