Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

I don't know if this kid has been talked about yet but his name is Landon Jordan and he plays for 2A Churubusco.  The kid transferred to 'Busco from FW Concordia and wasn't eligible to play until the 2nd semester this year.  I first caught him on the Fort Wayne news after the holidays.  6-8 kid.  His highlights involve him dunking in games from what I have seen on TV.  I know nothing about him other than what I have seen on WANE.  I do know this...that conference is as good as any in the state when talking 2A.  Just someone to keep an eye on that is/has been under the radar.

If he has been mentioned I apologize.

From Nick Baumgart -

IU asst Bruiser Flint was in tbe house for 2021 Lafayette Jeff forward Brooks Barnhizer Thursday.  6-6 small forward has posted 21.4 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.3 apg, 2.1 spg, 1.6 bpg, 45% on 87 3s playing PG.  30pts, 9rbs, 2ast vs Lawrence Central at HOF Classic.

NOTE:  This game was against McCutcheon and we had reports we were there watching McCutcheon's Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn '23 PG.

ADDED:  Per MaxPreps for 19 games he averages 21.4 ppg; 9.8 rbp; 4 assists; 2 stls; 1 blk.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Added MaxPrep Info

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Nick Baumgart -

IU asst Bruiser Flint was in tbe house for 2021 Lafayette Jeff forward Brooks Barnhizer Thursday.  6-6 small forward has posted 21.4 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.3 apg, 2.1 spg, 1.6 bpg, 45% on 87 3s playing PG.  30pts, 9rbs, 2ast vs Lawrence Central at HOF Classic.

NOTE:  This game was against McCutcheon and we had reports we were there watching McCutcheon's Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn '23 PG.

ADDED:  Per MaxPreps for 19 games he averages 21.4 ppg; 9.8 rbp; 4 assists; 2 stls; 1 blk.

Currently #208 nationally in 247 composite 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Nick Baumgart -

Barnhizers’s dad Mark was a Purdue recruit and big scorer/ sharp shooter out of Lapel and played with a cousin of mine mid 70’s. Those Lapel teams would have won a state championship if we had class basketball way back then. Dallas Hunter was their legendary coach.

Barnhizers’s dad Mark was a Purdue recruit and big scorer/ sharp shooter out of Lapel and played with a cousin of mine mid 70’s. Those Lapel teams would have won a state championship if we had class basketball way back then. Dallas Hunter was their legendary coach.

Started at Purdue and finished his college career at Auburn

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

At the end of December Rabjohns reported we had been in to watch Louis Lesmond a native of France but now attending Notre Dame College Prep School in the Chicago area.  In Brian Snow's article, Lesmond is quoted as saying he has interest from Indiana.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Louis-Lesmond-basketball-recruiting-Nebraska-Cornhuskers-Illinois-Fighting-Illini-Harvard-Crimson-143612294/

20 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Baumgart -

Archie Miller and Tom Ostrom are at Benet Academy in Chicago this evening watching 2021 shooting guard Louis Lesmond (Notre Dame Prep). 6-5, thin frame with a stroke.  At least the 2nd and maybe 3rd time we've watched.

He’s already 18 years old.

Possible reclass?

19 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

He’s already 18 years old.

Possible reclass?

Might be.  He's a native of France, so I would guess it would come down to how classes transfer.

Haven't found much on him, but does look like a decent shooter.  Found two limited sets of stats for his time in France -- in two FIBA Europe events 16 and under events in 2018 he shot 23 of 59 (39%) from three over a ten game span.  

Timeline I've seen on him is that he moved from France to Evanston, Illinois and played his sophomore season there in 2018-9.  He missed some time in the middle of the season with an ankle sprain but played really well for them as they made it to the state championship game.  After the season, he transferred to Notre Dame prep in Niles, Illinois.  Recruitment has been picking up.  Dayton was the first to offer.  Apparently has also been getting looks from Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, and Nebraska.