Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2021 General Recruiting Thread

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Trying to decipher if the difficult time is the decision to decommit or something else of a personal nature.

Langston J. Wilson @Langston3491

Please respect that this is a difficult time for me and give me time and space to get my thoughts together much love.

Given who Bama has brought in recently, it sounds like they just recruited over him.

Emoni Bates reclassifying to ‘21, per Tipton. Considering Mich St, Memphis, Oregon, G League. Will be an interesting 1 to watch because his birthday isn’t until January, so won’t be draft eligible until ‘23. Could do 2 yrs of college, 1 of college 1 of G League or 2 yrs of G League.

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

Emoni Bates reclassifying to ‘21, per Tipton. Considering Mich St, Memphis, Oregon, G League. Will be an interesting 1 to watch because his birthday isn’t until January, so won’t be draft eligible until ‘23. Could do 2 yrs of college, 1 of college 1 of G League or 2 yrs of G League.

Futurecast for Memphis today 

8 minutes ago, Demo said:

Cuanto Dinero mucho can Izzo and Nike muster up for Mr. Bates?  And will he be the ultimate chemistry killer for a year of college?  

NIL bank has opened up the floodgates.  No excuses anymore for when we get consistently outbid on targets.  I know a more effective way for IU to spend its 1 million dollar recruiting budget..  

13 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Cuanto Dinero mucho can Izzo and Nike muster up for Mr. Bates?  And will he be the ultimate chemistry killer for a year of college?  

NIL bank has opened up the floodgates.  No excuses anymore for when we get consistently outbid on targets.  I know a more effective way for IU to spend its 1 million dollar recruiting budget..  

If Nike is involved Oregon is the team to beat in that race. That said I'm sure Bates could make a killing by staying at home and going to MSU. 

I think, at least for a while, we will need to make a living in the portal to round out classes or fill specific needs. I don't necessarily like it, but this is the new landscape of college basketball. High school kids are the first priority, but experienced older kids are right behind. The days of having a team of kids that we get to watch for four years are more or less over.