Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Fort Wayne - 12/18 @ 8:00 E.T.

Question. What is the worst iu loss in your years of being a fan? I will put this one as my top. Blown out at assembly hall to fortwayne. I remember when we first lost to butler i thought that was bad lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Nothing is as bad as this one from an expectation standpoint. That blowout loss was historic.

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Food for thought.

Archie owns 2 of the top 5 Assembly Hall (since 1971) losses by margin of victory. All the other losses in the top 10 are to power 5 schools.

Where is that ledge to jump off from?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Pretty incredible when you consider that the leading returning scorer on Crean's first team was walk-on Kyle Taber.

Wofford just got their first ever win over a ranked opponent (UNC #5). I feel a lot better about this now.

Saw the end of that. Best part, Woff up 3, at the line to seal it. No Classes fouls a kid who had attempted 3 foul shots on the year.....steps up and nails them both

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Welcome to the era of a coach keeping his guys out of the line of fire. Refreshing. 

Was wondering when someone would mention this. The thing I hated most about Crean was his post game pressers after losses. RARELY held himself accountable. 

Pretty amazing stats thus far this season... plenty of reason to be concerned but as many will say, still early and these aren't his kids...

As some have pointed out, what is beyond nuts to me is the regression some have shown. That is alarming and beyond comprehension especially when it comes to shooting

How do so many regress in free throw and three point shooting? That needs to be assessed

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

Pretty amazing stats thus far this season... plenty of reason to be concerned but as many will say, still early and these aren't his kids...

As some have pointed out, what is beyond nuts to me is the regression some have shown. That is alarming and beyond comprehension especially when it comes to shooting

How do so many regress in free throw and three point shooting? That needs to be assessed

Some guys don't like to be held accountable by a coach. When that happens it can cause the player to start questioning themselves and this can result in things such as shooting percentage to be affected. Usually these are players that aren't winners which IU's seniors outside of Hartman are not. 

7 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

It's possible that some of the players have now had second thoughts about Archie and IU and have mentally checked out for the season.  If that's the case, then the shooting won't improve and we'll be looking at the potential for even greater roster turnover.

47 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It's possible that some of the players have now had second thoughts about Archie and IU and have mentally checked out for the season.  If that's the case, then the shooting won't improve and we'll be looking at the potential for even greater roster turnover.

Agreed. This is what I’ve been thinking as well. Some of these players are probably thinking screw this, not what I signed up for, which in a way I get I suppose, but makes me feel even worse for Archie. There’s quite a bit of IU fans I’ve seen on other sites saying things like they thought Archie was supposed to be better than this, we hired the wrong guy, blah blah. I, on the other hand, am completely aboard the Archie train. These are most likely a group of players that he wouldn’t have even recruited himself if he was already coach at IU. I always thought most of Crean’s teams were soft and didn’t have that tough, killer, go-get-em instinct, other than a few select players of course. This group of kids are used to a completely different style, and a coach that most likely didn’t get on them about things CAM does. I too wouldn’t be surprised to see one or two more players bailing on Archie at year's end. I honestly think 3 of the currently signed players for next years class are good enough to come in and be in the starting lineup. Phinisee is an obvious need at point guard, Hunter is a great player, and Anderson can flat out shoot the ball. The “we may have hired the wrong guy” talk I’ve been seeing lately on other sites is waaaaay too premature. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I could see this as a real possibility, but this senior class just doesn't have anyone with any kind of mental toughness - the guy that just won't allow us to lose. They really don't seem to have any real passion for the game. If things don't come easy, they just seem to fold. It's really no different than last year, except we have less talent now.

I don't know if it is the fault of the former coach or if it is just the personality of these guys, but you never see any real edge from them. Morgan is about the closest we have seen, and I just don't think his personality is strong enough to carry the team. He definitely did against ND, but not sure we can count on that every game.

2 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

No disrespect to the posters in here, but would someone just please lock this thread already?  I am sick and tired of seeing it pop up in my feed.  

Take control - It's totally within your power to ignore it.

Maybe. I expect alot of roster turnover after the season. I'd be sd shocked if Clifton Moore is back and even Justin Smith. Not sure about green but I could see him leaving also. I suspect we will add a spring recruit or two.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I see he threw in a little comment about his boy tom crean. I wonder if he still apologizes to him on a daily basis.

I see he threw in a little comment about his boy tom crean. I wonder if he still apologizes to him on a daily basis.

What’s wrong with apologizing if you feel you were in the wrong? I personally felt what he apologized for was justified. He shouldn’t have done what he did.