Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KB0

Indiana at Virginia - Saturday 9/9 @ 3:30 ET on ESPNU

15 hours ago, lucel15 said:

I get it that we lost last week and didn't have a run game.....and we haven't done historically good against power 5 teams on the road...but why have we put so much  doubt into this season after the first game of season against a team that will most likely be in playoff? We are already in fire sell mode with this team? I honestly don't get it? I bring this up due to some comments in the prediction league...yes Virginia played alright against a FCS school but this team went 2-10 last year....William and Mary doesn't have the talent that we have...but apparently they might....idk just a thought...just think it's pretty early to write a team off who played well for 2.5 quarters.  I'm not ready to jump ship. Let's go Hoosiers show people what you're made of. 

I can't speak for everyone, but for me personally, it's hard to be completely confident in a road game against a P5 school. I know Virginia is a low-level ACC team who has struggled in recent years, but I am overly-familiar with IU's struggles as well. 

The Ohio State game went pretty much how I thought it would. IU kept it close for a while and OSU broke away at the end. That's not an indictment on IU by any means. They played Ohio State better than a lot of teams will this year. It's just too early to take any definitive conclusions from the game. Did IU play well because there was no tape of their offense out there? Did IU play well because of the situation surrounding the game? Can IU come out with the same energy against a lesser Virginia squad?

There's a lot of questions left to be answered. I predicted IU to win and I still think they will, but not by a large margin. I love Indiana Football. I'd love nothing more then to see them finally breakthrough and have some 7-8 win seasons. I just know that it's a marathon and not a sprint.

As far as your question about Chicago, I know Joe on Weed's is supposed to have a fairly large IU contingent. Unfortunately, I'll likely miss at least the first half this week, if not the whole game. I'll follow along on my phone and probably DVR the game to watch back on Sunday. Give 'em hell Hoosiers. 

11 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I thought "Joe's on Weed St" was the IU bar in Chicago?

I was there for the Big Ten tournament a few years back and it was definitely an IU bar; great atmosphere. Who knows how it will be for a football game though.

Remember last year when USC got beat 52-6 vs. Alabama in week 1? Not saying IU is USC by any stretch but losing 49-21 to a potential national champion in Week 1 shouldn't cause too much concern, in my opinion. USC ended up 10-3 and a top 5 team last year.

We all would have liked to put up a better fight for four quarters but talent and depth got the best of us. It's much more about how we respond these next three games that will likely dictate how the rest of B1G play and the season goes. 

Remember last year when USC got beat 52-6 vs. Alabama in week 1? Not saying IU is USC by any stretch but losing 49-21 to a potential national champion in Week 1 shouldn't cause too much concern, in my opinion. USC ended up 10-3 and a top 5 team last year.
We all would have liked to put up a better fight for four quarters but talent and depth got the best of us. It's much more about how we respond these next three games that will likely dictate how the rest of B1G play and the season goes. 

We don't have the talent of USC but I get your point. If we can rattle of 3 wins we're halfway to where we want to be. If we do so convincingly there will be a lot more folks jumping back on the wagon.

On 9/6/2017 at 8:50 PM, Calipari said:

I've heard Kirkwood's is good for IU fans. Looks like it's on Sheffield.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Kirkwood is great for basketball games but it's a Nebraska football bar. Joe's is probably the best bet for football.

If IU had a consistently good football program that people cared about there would be a lot more IU bars!

Edited by HoosierX