Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KB0

Indiana at Virginia - Saturday 9/9 @ 3:30 ET on ESPNU

So i re watched game (blacked out at bar) only remember first half. Feel bad for Lagow, but Ramsey stepped up when he needed to.  He helped the offense with the tempo and got things going. Kuddos to Rich for being a good teammate and pumping the kid up. Things to take away. 

1. Virginia is about the same caliber and talent as the games we need to win in Big ten. And better than our upcoming 2 games.  

2. Defense looked solid and def Line had some good pressure all game. 

3. I think run offense is okay and will get better.  I don't think weakness RBs or QBs. It is our line. There is no gel up front. We need to fix over the next two games

4. Yay for Jshun. And Peyton Whitehead is legit. 

5. Let the QB competition commence over the next two games. Whoever does the best. Has to be named QB for PSU and the rest of the season.

great win on the road and loved the grit. Hoosiers should roll against FIU who struggled against Alcorn and have struggled all year so far. 

The belief that football isn't football without debilitating injuries is why the sport will eventually go the way of boxing. And why parents are redirecting their kids to soccer, baseball and basketball. 

If they don't want head injures.. Why would they play soccer? Just as many head injuries in soccer.

I coach HS football, we've practice the majority of the days since May 31st... and we have hit on about half of those days. We have had 2 concussions 3.5 months of practice and 10 total games between varsity, JV, and FR... that's with 65 athletes, 2 being kickers. We have a trainer and we take head injuries extremely serious. This whole epidemic that football is getting MORE dangerous is an absolute farce. It's wrong, our game is safer than its ever been. Literally. We have one kid who got a concussion in the game on Friday and he's in concussion protocol right now, the coaches have nothing to do with it, it's all the trainer and Dr.

Btw.. Yes concussions do happen in practice, but in the state of IN you're only allowed to hit 2 days a week during practice. M and Th we literally don't hit at all, the players only wear helmets those days. Now this has directly affected our tackling, but that's a small price we've paid for a WAY, WAY safer game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

If they don't want head injures.. Why would they play soccer? Just as many head injuries in soccer.

I coach HS football, we've practice the majority of the days since May 31st... and we have hit on about half of those days. We have had 2 concussions 3.5 months of practice and 10 total games between varsity, JV, and FR... that's with 65 athletes, 2 being kickers. We have a trainer and we take head injuries extremely serious. This whole epidemic that football is getting MORE dangerous is an absolute farce. It's wrong, our game is safer than its ever been. Literally. We have one kid who got a concussion in the game on Friday and he's in concussion protocol right now, the coaches have nothing to do with it, it's all the trainer and Dr.

Btw.. Yes concussions do happen in practice, but in the state of IN you're only allowed to hit 2 days a week during practice. M and Th we literally don't hit at all, the players only wear helmets those days. Now this has directly affected our tackling, but that's a small price we've paid for a WAY, WAY safer game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

My only thing is I think HS football is a lot safer and there's more red tape up now a days than there were even 6 years ago when I graduated HS and went to play D3 ball.  The baselines are a ton of help I believe we didn't have them until end of sophmore beginning of junior year. My background. I have 10 documented concussions. Only 3 came from football. Rest were from wrestling. My two bad ones were from football (throwing up and ended up in hospital after passing out on sideline and end zone). Back then kids were afraid to get ridiculed by teammates and even coaches. I think coaching has gotten better. I think HS is 100x better than what it was when it comes to protocols.  

College is another culture and I lived through 1 season of it and it was done for me eventually doctors told me no more contact sports after headaches and sleepless nights.  I know a bunch of kids who were told to suck it up. It's just a headache. To any current athletes on here take head injuries serious and don't let people pressure you into getting back on the field ASAP.

Back to the college thing. I think the game is changing, but rules need to be more clear about hits....I hate the rule about what makes intent to target. If you hit a defenseless player. I say that's intent...but the play on Saturday...eh that's iffy. It's just a play and full speed contact. Idk I'm not a ref but to me protecting a defenseless player or pointing out and calling a full fledged targeting...I'm all for protecting players from head to head contact.... I just feel bad for Gooch as he will miss first half of Georgia Southern game. 

Now lets go best GSU and destroy Charleston Southern for some brownie points.