Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) Center - Aidan Igiehon

13 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

When we're forgetting about a 6'10" four start recruit because of all the five star recruits with heavy interest in 2019, something good is happening.

Just thinking the same thing. 

14 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

When we're forgetting about a 6'10" four start recruit because of all the five star recruits with heavy interest in 2019, something good is happening.

It's taken Archie like 5 months to have us recruiting like the big boys. It's almost like with how much money we put in our program it should be easy or something. 

6-10 with a 38+" vertical and moves as well as he does?! Yeah, the kid has a chance to be a rebounding machine anywhere he plays.

I get that a lot want a class of Watford, Brooks, Hurt, and TJD but this kid looks promising. We need some bigs who can defend opponents traditional bigs but also get out in the open court, rebound, maybe hit a jumper or invert the offense.

I'm intrigued!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6-10 with a 38+" vertical and moves as well as he does?! Yeah, the kid has a chance to be a rebounding machine anywhere he plays.

I get that a lot want a class of Watford, Brooks, Hurt, and TJD but this kid looks promising. We need some bigs who can defend opponents traditional bigs but also get out in the open court, rebound, maybe hit a jumper or invert the offense.

I'm intrigued!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Him and Davis would mean no Cockburn. We are definitely going big heavy in 2019. Really surprised we aren’t trying hard to go after another point in this class. But this kid with TJD? Rebounding and interior defense wouldn’t be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Him and Davis would mean no Cockburn. We are definitely going big heavy in 2019. Really surprised we aren’t trying hard to go after another point in this class. But this kid with TJD? Rebounding and interior defense wouldn’t be an issue.

Most of our obvious targets seem to be for the 3,4,5 spots. Wonder who we eventually hone in on for guard. Losing Cujo early and knowing what we have in Green and Al I'd imagine guard is a serious need. That is unless Hunter and Anderson can play the 2 spot as was suggested. Then Romeo of course.

Most of our obvious targets seem to be for the 3,4,5 spots. Wonder who we eventually hone in on for guard. Losing Cujo early and knowing what we have in Green and Al I'd imagine guard is a serious need. That is unless Hunter and Anderson can play the 2 spot as was suggested. Then Romeo of course.

Thinking than both can...more Hunter.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we're seeing three guard lineups now because that's what we have. In the future I see a lineup of point, big, and three wings (two "small" wings and a "big" wing). I see Anderson and Hunter playing a small wing from the 2018 class. Morgan, Thompson, and Forrester playing as big wings.

We really need to solidify the point and big in the next few classes. Phinisee helps with that. Hopefully, we can land this kid or another 5 in the 2019 to further solidify that.

Over CAM's tenure we could see the shooting come from the "3 and 4" spots while the two is more defensive minded or vice versa. I hope we lockdown solid points and bigs with versatility on the wings.

9 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I think we're seeing three guard lineups now because that's what we have. In the future I see a lineup of point, big, and three wings (two "small" wings and a "big" wing). I see Anderson and Hunter playing a small wing from the 2018 class. Morgan, Thompson, and Forrester playing as big wings.

We really need to solidify the point and big in the next few classes. Phinisee helps with that. Hopefully, we can land this kid or another 5 in the 2019 to further solidify that.

Over CAM's tenure we could see the shooting come from the "3 and 4" spots while the two is more defensive minded or vice versa. I hope we lockdown solid points and bigs with versatility on the wings.

And right there is the sales pitch from the staff to Juwan for next year:

"A real point, a big, and you're one of (and the biggest of) the three wings."

And right there is the sales pitch from the staff to Juwan for next year:
"A real point, a big, and you're one of (and the biggest of) the three wings."

I don't think the staff will need to re-recruit Morgan next season. I believe going forward it will help with players like Jackson-Davis, Watford, and Igiehon.

In the future, we'll really need sharpshooters at the point and two small wings when we have a 4 and 5 like Jackson-Davis, Davis, Forrester, ahd possibly Igiehon.

A defensive 4 and 5 like Jackson-Davis, Forester, and Igiehon would be fun to watch.