Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

I have no proof, source, or inside tip.....and I hope I'm wrong, but I think it could be Langford and Garland to Vandy?  Perhaps I've missed it before but has Vandy always been a candidate for Langford?

I highly doubt right after 7 schools are announced for Langford he pops for a complete dark horse.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There are so many possibilities to Fraschilla's tweet.  

1.  A package recruiting coup such as one school landing both Langford and Garland.

2.  A highly prized recruit(s) not being cleared to play.

3.   An announced NCAA recruiting investigation or recruiting penalties assessed against a major D-1 school.

4.  Much ado about nothing like Y2K or last week's solar eclipse if you weren't pretty much in its direct path. 

IMO if he really knows what he's tweeting about, the tone of the tweet suggests to me it's more along the lines of my #2 and #3 above rather than #1.  

8 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Don't worry man. I am not worried about anything individual recruit wise being imminent.

And there's nothing in the tweet to suggest that whatever his 'scoop' is even pertains to IU.   

5 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

lol so one guy tweets something that may not even be factual, and of course half of us are concerned it HAS to mean both Garland and Romeo are going to Vanderbilt.

We're not jumping to conclusions, we're Chuck Yeager strapping ourselves into a Bell X1B rocket and blasting ourselves off to Planet Conclusion.

Maybe its about Romeo and garland both coming to iu haha

lol so one guy tweets something that may not even be factual, and of course half of us are concerned it HAS to mean both Garland and Romeo are going to Vanderbilt.
We're not jumping to conclusions, we're Chuck Yeager strapping ourselves into a Bell X1B rocket and blasting ourselves off to Planet Conclusion.

Yep. Good lord lol.

At least for once it isn't me over reacting. Seriously though, why people think this is connected to Langford makes no sense to me. And Seismic? To me seismic is bigger than a player. It's a rule or a school or something bigger than an individual.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

15 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

At least for once it isn't me over reacting. Seriously though, why people think this is connected to Langford makes no sense to me. And Seismic? To me seismic is bigger than a player. It's a rule or a school or something bigger than an individual.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

That's what I was thinking too, that it was bigger than one player or a "package deal."

To me, if you're using the term "seismic," it's going to be a lot bigger than 2 players going to Vanderbilt or any school, even if they are top 10 guys.  Seems more like an institution-level thing with the NCAA or something like that.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

There are so many possibilities to Fraschilla's tweet.  

1.  A package recruiting coup such as one school landing both Langford and Garland.

2.  A highly prized recruit(s) not being cleared to play.

3.   An announced NCAA recruiting investigation or recruiting penalties assessed against a major D-1 school.

4.  Much ado about nothing like Y2K or last week's solar eclipse if you weren't pretty much in its direct path. 

IMO if he really knows what he's tweeting about, the tone of the tweet suggests to me it's more along the lines of my #2 and #3 above rather than #1.  

#2, it might be Bagley not being eligible at Duke. It's definitely not Garland and Romeo going to Vandy. Romeo doesn't know where he's going.

On 8/21/2017 at 5:58 PM, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting in an article about should IU swing for the fences they mentioned all the names I have heard before except it mentioned top 40 Silvio De Sousa as an Indiana prospect. That's news to me

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Committed to Kansas today.

2 hours ago, Iugradman said:

And I know rankings aren't everything but you would think we could shoot a little higher than Forrester at#142.

Yeah no offense to the kid, but with our current scholarship situation and the players we're in good to great standing with at his position in 2019, I really hope we don't get him.

Winning programs recruit those kids in the #100-#150 range as backups their first few years and then contributors as upperclassmen. If we get to the point where we have upperclassmen backups in that #100-#150 range we'll win a lot of ball games.

We're not going to land 4 top 25ish players in the 2019 class. Wiseman (or any top 25ish big) isn't going to sit behind Davis for a year. If Davis leaves before his senior year that'll free up another scholarship for an impact big.

The way I see the 13 scholarships being used.

5 starters
3 -4 versatile contributors
- 1 combo guard
- 1 wing
- 1 big wing
- 1 big

That leaves 4 more scholarships we can use to get kids that will develop. I think Thompson was brought in to be that backup to Davis and Forrester could be the recruit that develops into the primary backup big.

In 2019, I could see us landing two of Hurt, Watford, Brooks, and Davis. They will be playing more on the wing with Davis, Thompson, and possibly Forrester as the bigs.