Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

Best of luck to the kid.  I was hoping he could learn a lot from Morgan this season, and perhaps he still can.  Glad we have enough depth to sustain this and don't have to count on him. 

Could be anything from an infection to a blood clot to something neuro-muscular.   Looking forward to seeing him healthy next season.

We have a lot of depth right now. Can't take anymore injuries.

Best of luck to the kid.  I was hoping he could learn a lot from Morgan this season, and perhaps he still can.  Glad we have enough depth to sustain this and don't have to count on him. 
Could be anything from an infection to a blood clot to something neuro-muscular.   Looking forward to seeing him healthy next season.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

We have a lot of depth right now. Can't take anymore injuries.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

That's two really good perimeter defenders now that we have lost. We really need McBob back especially against a team like Duke. I think that is the biggest loss from having Hunter and McBob both out. 

He could have just made a small decision when signing paperwork not to release information for hippa, he might release information soon

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

According to Archie on his show tonight the whole staff got on a plane and visited Hunter in the hospital in Cleveland today and said Jerome is itching to get back with his teammates and hopes he returns to team on Wednesday. Still no timetable on recovery

Great to hear he'll be back around the team soon!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Is anyone hearing any rumors on what may be the issue here?

From the comments that have been made by CAM and others my best guess is that it was a blood flow issue of some sort but everyone has been pretty quiet because of all the legalities when it comes to medical information.

From the comments that have been made by CAM and others my best guess is that it was a blood flow issue of some sort but everyone has been pretty quiet because of all the legalities when it comes to medical information.

I've heard the same from others and it seems to be pretty serious.

Building off this...

I'm thinking this is possibly something that doesn't get "cured", but can get treated. There are various neurovascular conditions that are familial and ongoing. In which case, I wouldn't want it made public knowledge either to avoid handcuffing any chance of playing at the next level from minute one. Or maybe he just doesn't want people knowing; I could easily be wrong and hope that I am.

Get healthy young fella.

8 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Hunter will be redshirting. Hopefully he is learning a bunch this year. Come in as a freshman on the court with at least a Sophomore IQ.

Feel awful for the kid. The main thing is that he is healthy. A lineup of Rob, Al, Jerome, Keion, and TJD seems like a pretty good team! 

If he is redshirting and not participating in contact drills it could very well be clots. Interesting, wish him the best

1 hour ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Sam Story at it again. Mentions he is fully confident for Jerome's abilities next season.

I don't know the connections here, but I was impressed that he said he knows the issue with Hunter but that it isn't his place to publicly say it. Could be because he really doesn't know or could be a very respectful gesture (And good move legally).

Regardless this is the only report mentioning Redshirt...