Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Would love to see this kid healthy enough to get after it. Awesome skillset. Loved the way he played against Romeo in that scrimmage.

Plus he would motivate Justin Smith to play harder/better.

Such an odd scenario though here with Jerome.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree,really think the kid could be a difference maker this season.Let's hope for the best both for the squad and more importantly for Jerome.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In my simple mind, open gym play could be more risky than going up against his IU teammates.  There's always some clown who thinks he's Draymond Green or LeBron and going to show you how good he is.

Yep,No blood no foul.

In my simple mind, open gym play could be more risky than going up against his IU teammates.  There's always some clown who thinks he's Draymond Green or LeBron and going to show you how good he is.

That’s what I was thinking and would be surprised frankly if they let him play in that uncontrollable of an environment.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

That’s what their open gyms are. Not pickup games with random students.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Generational mistake on my part.  In my day, open gym was just that and as Woodson said "no blood no foul".

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Generational mistake on my part.  In my day, open gym was just that and as Woodson said "no blood no foul".

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I was a little later than you, but it was the same in my day. ... My freshman year was 1986-87 (a pretty phenomenal year) and a few days before school started, a buddy and I were walking around campus. We happened upon the HPER building and noticed a crowd. Turns out, Alford, Eyl & some of the gang were playing pick-up ball. While watching, I took notice of a black fella that I didn't recognize. I wasn't sure if he was on the team or not, but he could easily outrun and outjump everybody there -- a phenomenal athlete who could flat-out ball. I sorta figured he wasn't one of the crowd -- he was just way too good. ... Turns out it was Keith Smart!