Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

To be fair, sources have refuted some of the Alford rumors, not just us.

Also, as an aside, in my opinion Alford's and Stevens' denials sounded the most believable to me.

I personally think Alford's denial was weak. Stevens' seemed strong.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3'of 4 panel on around the horn think Alford goes back.

I've never seen a single media person mention what they think the people of Indiana want though. Alford sounds like a good idea on the surface for non Indiana fans that only know him for playing at Indiana (which to me says something that his playing time 30 years ago is still the first thing people think of about him, not being a good coach). None of these media outlets have reasons as to Alford other than he played here, they really are clueless about Indiana basketball, which really I guess is our own fault for letting our program get this irrelevant as of late.

19 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I look at it this way.... 

People are coming out of the woodwork with Donovan rumors..

But anytime someone posts an Alford rumor it gets shot down immediately.

This was my point the other day. It's how the internet, and life really, works. People will believe a unsubstantiated rumor from a fifth party over possibly the truth as long as it's what they want to believe. I have fallen for this trap before. Being the huge Van Halen fan I am, anyone says "new album with Dave! I have contacts!" I start salivating. Human nature. We want to believe what we want to believe. 

I just got done texting with coach Tonagel, he said he's gotten a lot of phone calls based off these rumors the past two days- basically laughed it off saying "I'm sure Billy Donovan is thinking about me right now! Lol!"

Take it for what it's worth

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So you are saying it's false

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

So you are saying it's false

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

He just said he's not sure where these rumors even come from or get started and also with the text I posted earlier- he's either implying there just hilarious rumors with no merit or it's coach speak and he's not giving a definitive yes or no

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

48 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

Maybe father in law was code for mother in law... You know... To keep his source private!

Or maybe it's made up.. not sure why you'd throw the Carmel thing in there if you wanted to keep the source private.