Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

1 hour ago, incrediboy said:

That's great and probably means Maryland is a total non-contender. They do have a good freshman big man coming in, but nobody I've heard compares him to Diamond Stone.

Maryland will still be good next year. They had three freshmen starters this year who all had good season. Jackson and Huerter are really good, and Anthony Cowan will step right into Melo's role. They have the Checko big kid back and a decent class. 

I would expect them to be in the mix for somewhere in the top 4-5. 

2 hours ago, incrediboy said:

That's great and probably means Maryland is a total non-contender. They do have a good freshman big man coming in, but nobody I've heard compares him to Diamond Stone.

How is Diamond Stone still relevant...... dude has been gone for over a year now

22 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

Vince Edwards was good for them after struggling a little at the beginning of the season.

I agree. Haas is also back, and while he's still green, they have a 7-foot incoming freshman. Plus Thompson, Matthias, Carson Edwards and Cline. Purdue will compete for a repeat. Too much talent and experience, as much as I hate to say it. And Painter understands coaching.

22 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Minnesota is going to fall flat on their face. Pitino Jr is not a good coach.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't see them falling flat on their faces. Too many ragtag teams at the bottom (OSU, Illinois, Rutgers, Nebraska, Penn St) for that many returnees not to win a fair number of games. I could see them repeating their 11-7 record and not make the double bye by finishing fifth or sixth with that record. I'm not a fan of Pitts Jr. but he has some horses and while they were lucky this past season IMO (a couple games should have gone the other way, including ours) they will be good enough next year not to need luck to go 11-7. But I don't see them much better than that. 

All barring major injuries, of course.

9 hours ago, incrediboy said:

I don't see them falling flat on their faces. Too many ragtag teams at the bottom (OSU, Illinois, Rutgers, Nebraska, Penn St) for that many returnees not to win a fair number of games. I could see them repeating their 11-7 record and not make the double bye by finishing fifth or sixth with that record. I'm not a fan of Pitts Jr. but he has some horses and while they were lucky this past season IMO (a couple games should have gone the other way, including ours) they will be good enough next year not to need luck to go 11-7. But I don't see them much better than that. 

All barring major injuries, of course.

Illinois could be better if they keep that recruiting class together. And I think Penn St. will get a little better. Nebraska is going to be an absolute dumpster fire tho.

Just as a refresher for the key dates for kids who declare for the NBA draft.

Players have until April 23, to declare for the draft and may withdraw their name any time until May 24, while keeping their eligibility. They also can participate in the NBA Draft combine from May 9-14, and starting in late April may work out for individual teams to gain feedback from scouts and team personnel.

9 minutes ago, KHoosier18 said:

Had several buddies who saw Hartman and a few others out Thursday night. Hartman told them Archie was 50% and RoJo pushing him was the other 50% of the reason that he decided to come back.
Made me feel a lot better about the chances of RoJo returning as well!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

interdasting...

14 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Yeah that tells me RoJo will be back as well. It's not a coincidence most of these guys are coming back. I really think the only player IU loses is OG

Also that CAM isn't bothered by Hartman tying up a scholly given his history of injuries.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Also that CAM isn't bothered by Hartman tying up a scholly given his history of injuries.

Hartman is gonna be really good under Archie. We're gonna see the best Collin Hartman and it won't be close. I'm so excited for the future of IU basketball. I can't put it into words

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Yeah that tells me RoJo will be back as well. It's not a coincidence most of these guys are coming back. I really think the only player IU loses is OG

That's cause Archie Miller was a player unlike Crean and he can relate to the team much better. My gut tells me everyone but OG and Blackmon will come back.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I think just OG. Blackmon knows how good he could be his senior season and it would make all the difference

I hope your right but when he sees how good Yogi and Troy are doing with both going undrafted I don't see him turning down the opportunity to play professionally