Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

I don't take offense to the deflections. I've just never heard anyone talk about them as much as Crean did. It's PART of a defensive philosophy, not what you base your whole judgement on.

Yup I hear you. Just hope everyone else understands that as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It's going to be a total culture change.  He's not going to oversign.  He's going to invest in the guys on the team.  It is very meaningful that this extends out to the recruits for '17.  Even they were already his, and he's going to take care of them first.  

Very easy to like him.  Very easy to take pride in the kind of coach he wants to be, and the kind of program he wants to run.  Like everyone else, I really appreciated not feeling like I was watching a commercial the whole time.  No swarminess.  

JBJ is very interested in staying. Doesnt mean he will but he knows he is a 2nd round or Yogi route to the NBA. The chance to become an all time great Hoosier is pushing him closer to staying than leaving at the moment. He will test the waters though. He is finally healthy to do drills and workouts so he will participate. What happens there will decide whether he stays or goes.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

He better get used to defense and a structured offense than.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I guess the question for me with JBJ is would he do what Archie wants him to do? If it's true he had tuned Crean out, it seems he could easily do the same with another coach. Especially one that JBJ didn't choose to play for on his own. I'm kinda hoping JBJ will move on myself because if it's true he is a "bad apple" I don't want him interfering with what Archie will be trying to do. It's possible he may actually click with Archie and do what is asked of him, but what I do know is that the 15-16 team seemed to play much better without him in the lineup.

Crean did not hold players accountable. Miller will.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk