Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Another day passes, the more convinced I am Crean is back. Glass has always been hoping for a reason to keep him. He didn't get one, but it's Indiana, and our expectations aren't much.

Gotta hope the semi empty AH will work because the W/L doesn't matter enough.

Feeling discouraged.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Fred is waiting for a business day so we can get the press available to come easily.

Tomorrow my friend, tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Still saying Id be shocked if Glass hired Alford. Not his kind of hire. I expect an up and comer. Archie or along those lines.

f4aadf91e9babc49cb0bca8954c9fa83.jpg I would be shocked as well. The way we ended up with Crean (Bennett declined, Izzo gave Crean glowing recommendation, etc) it just goes to show we as fans have no clue what is percolating behind the scenes. Granted, Glass isn't Greenspan, but still feel like we'll be surprised with the hire. We could end up with a Mick Cronin, Scott Drew, or Richard Pitino. Not advocating these three at all, but history shows us that we rarely guess or hear what's really going on until the 59th minute of the 11th hour - if we hear at all. We need Crean to leave or be fired first to get this ball rolling. Need more coffee for this long day!!

5 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Eh.  I don't need to see the highlight from the Mike Davis team that led to the last 15 years of misery.   Without this win, Indiana does not give Davis his extension, never has to hire Sampson, and probably never hires Crean.  We'd have had a far different path had Duke won this game.  This is not a "sweet dreams" moment for me.  It's the beginning of a nightmare.  Great win, but it got the wrong coach an extension.

Hard for me to think about that squad in that light seeing how it is the only team I have had the privilege of seeing advance beyond the Sweet 16 

9 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Fred is waiting for a business day so we can get the press available to come easily.

Tomorrow my friend, tomorrow.

Wasnt an issue for Illinois. The press is on your schedule, your not on theirs. If it happens today it has to be by this afternoon. It wont be announced during the Big Ten championship game or selection show. Tomorrow we will already be in the NIT. If he is gone just announce it today and let him coach the NIT, if he so chooses. 

Time to nut up or shut up for Fred Glass. 

Crean is gone. I swear some of you people need to relax. There is no justifiable way to bring him back. I have a better chance of getting a private show from Tyra Buss than Tom Crean being the coach next season

I think this is about the 4th time you have posted this in this thread. You need some new material.

Eh.  I don't need to see the highlight from the Mike Davis team that led to the last 15 years of misery.   Without this win, Indiana does not give Davis his extension, never has to hire Sampson, and probably never hires Crean.  We'd have had a far different path had Duke won this game.  This is not a "sweet dreams" moment for me.  It's the beginning of a nightmare.  Great win, but it got the wrong coach an extension.

This team was coach Knights team , it's too bad the AD couldn't see this . I can only dream what Coach could've done with Cody,Vic and this years team of talented players that regressed by seasons end .

Wasnt an issue for Illinois. The press is on your schedule, your not on theirs. If it happens today it has to be by this afternoon. It wont be announced during the Big Ten championship game or selection show. Tomorrow we will already be in the NIT. If he is gone just announce it today and let him coach the NIT, if he so chooses. 
Time to nut up or shut up for Fred Glass. 

We all know Glass loves his business day releases. He's losing sleep each night, no question about it.

7 minutes ago, Treesh said:

We all know Glass loves his business day releases. He's losing sleep each night, no question about it.

Glass likes to make announcements on friday evenings. This is the biggest decision of his career and he is scared to blow it. i think that was part of the reason Crean didnt get fired 2 years ago. Im also not convinced their isnt a conflict of interest between Glass and Crean. Crean came from Marquette. Glass's son was at Marquette during that time, prior relationship between Glass and Crean. Crean then gors to bat for Glass to get him hired. Glass is now indebted to Crean. 

7 hours ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

Just watched this one again.  Amazing how different that team was to our current teams.

Let's see:

Heart,

Determination,

Grit,

Smarts,

Focus,

Perseverance,

Defense,

Yeah, pretty much everything we no longer have at IU under Crean. Makes me sick to my stomach to be reminded how far we've fallen since then; and that team wasn't, by comparison, nearly as talented as anything Crean has put together. They were still Bobby's boys and they knew how to fight to the end.

I am feeling pretty confident that Fred Glass will do the right thing. I know he personally likes Crean , but he has to consider his own position and what is good for Indiana first. He knows the situation at IU is now toxic. Crean has almost no support left. Its hard to find any more excuses for him. So lets hope Glass' own self preservation instincts have kicked in. I can believe the IU Board of Trustees would be pushed too far if he doesn't let Crean go. 

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I don't really have any insiders but I do know 1 small booster, and he seems to think that they will have to get rid of Glass 1st, to get rid of Crean.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Gahoosierfan said:

I am feeling pretty confident that Fred Glass will do the right thing. I know he personally likes Crean , but he has to consider his own position and what is good for Indiana first. He knows the situation at IU is now toxic. Crean has almost no support left. Its hard to find any more excuses for him. So lets hope Glass' own self preservation instincts have kicked in. I can believe the IU Board of Trustees would be pushed too far if he doesn't let Crean go. 

I like how these two posts are right next to each other lol