Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

19 minutes ago, GaryP said:

One coaching name I haven't seen brought up is Greg McDermott of Creighton. I always thought he would do well with all the amenities he would have at IU.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

A hard NO on that one.  Iowa State thought the same thing when they hired him in 2006.  He was never better than .500 there.  He had a losing record over 4 years and only beat a ranked team once.  I am a grad of Iowa State and Indiana, and the years he coached at ISU were some very down years in terms of results and excitement.

Just now, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

First game of my life I will honestly hope we lose. If our own ad can take away a clear advantage whether 0 fans or full, then I just want this year to be over with. It is the only way Glass and Crean will stop dancing around the question. I really don't feel like waiting 2 more weeks to hear of whether Crean is back or not.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Every second IU is still alive in this tournament, is a reminder to the world that we aren't in the tournament that matters. End of story.

3 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

First game of my life I will honestly hope we lose. If our own ad can take away a clear advantage whether 0 fans or full, then I just want this year to be over with. It is the only way Glass and Crean will stop dancing around the question. I really don't feel like waiting 2 more weeks to hear of whether Crean is back or not.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

A hard NO on that one.  Iowa State thought the same thing when they hired him in 2006.  He was never better than .500 there.  He had a losing record over 4 years and only beat a ranked team once.  I am a grad of Iowa State and Indiana, and the years he coached at ISU were some very down years in terms of results and excitement.

Gregg Doyel is finally letting his true feelings out, but under a veil of excuse making.

Clearly is personal feelings towards the Crean's have affected his journalistic integrity as of late.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

He has no journalistic integrity.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, IUHAHN82 said:

Man I can't even get up for an NIT game.  Just feels like another game to me unfortunately.   Sucks

Yeah, me too.  I'm just ready for the season to be over, both because I'm sick of watching sloppy basketball and because it should get us closer to knowing our future. 

[I do remember with great fondness when we beat Purdue for the NIT title several moons ago.  Not as much because it was a great accomplishment, but because it was yet another chance to win something that Giant Drum University failed at.]

Would Iowa State be comparable to IU in recruiting base and facilities,etc.? Just asking because I'm not familiar with Iowa State's ability to bring in the same caliber of recruits.

So, let me get this straight, Fred Glass has been in hiding, he finally appears on Kent Sterlings show, and Kent doesn't ask him anything about Crean because "we already know the answer." ??? 

Think I might be washing my hands of all of this and be done. 

Edited by Chris Nieman

Mr. Obvious, Doyel. Wonder how much revenue this cost us.

Honestly this is a good article and he makes good points. The emphasis on him saying Glass made his decision two weeks ago says to me Crean is gone and has been. He is exactly right too. Why would either party even want to continue the relationship at this point? I sure as heck don't know but Doyel coming on board is big. He is the most respected journalist in the area. Sterling gets Glass's interviews first and Doyel gets Creans. That is big in the sense that were losing all of our faithful fans as I type this. The only way to bring them back now is to make the move. Let us hope for a L tomorrow night and a presser Wednesday or Thursday.

Gregg Doyel is finally letting his true feelings out, but under a veil of excuse making.

Clearly is personal feelings towards the Crean's have affected his journalistic integrity as of late.

Yep if even he sees it is good old fred the only one left blinded by crean kool aid. This is sickening.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

When did Doyel EVER have any journalistic integrity?

10 minutes ago, Chris Nieman said:

So, let me get this straight, Fred Glass has been in hiding, he finally appears on Kent Sterlings show, and Kent doesn't ask him anything about Crean because "we already know the answer." ??? 

Think I might be washing my hands of all of this and be done. 

Sounds like a good reason to not tune in to Sterling's show. How can he let Glass go without even trying to get an answer? Unbelievable.