Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

It makes since that Sean Miller would have interest. IU is a blue blood school. Miller has ties to the Midwest. He played at Pitt and is from Pennsylvania. Plus his brother Archie is the coach at Dayton as we all know. Plus his connections to USA basketball could also help boost recruiting to an even higher level since most of the guys that play for USA basketball are high 4 star or 5 star guys.

Just now, theriverpilot said:

0708 also said " he was a little to wishy washy to totally commit ".   

A comment like that makes me question this guy's connections. I mean, he'd have to be incredibly connected to get information like that. Like friends with our AD. Come on. Idk who our next coach will be but this guy seems to be acting like he's one step away from being in the room with our AD. 

3 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

0708 also said " he was a little to wishy washy to totally commit ".   

As good of a coach as he is Billy D has a bad history of being like this. I'm guessing IU wanted him to commit now but he wanted to wait till his NBA season is over but IU didn't want to wait for him to change his mind and then miss out on other high profile coaching targets if he did back out.

I'll be fine with Sean Miller as I wanted him years ago when Sampson got fired. 

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/pascoe/arizona-s-sean-miller-named-pac--coach-of-the/article_b9ae27e8-02b0-11e7-b917-fbaa70f8be0e.html

But he's not leaving for IU to rebuild. His brother might though. 

As good of a coach as he is Billy D has a bad history of being like this. I'm guessing IU wanted him to commit now but he wanted to wait till his NBA season is over but IU didn't want to wait for him to change his mind and then miss out on other high profile coaching targets if he did back out.

Didn't he back out of an NBA deal with the Magic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Treesh said:

I'll be fine with Sean Miller as I wanted him years ago when Sampson got fired. 

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/pascoe/arizona-s-sean-miller-named-pac--coach-of-the/article_b9ae27e8-02b0-11e7-b917-fbaa70f8be0e.html

But he's not leaving for IU to rebuild. His brother might though. 

If we can retain a bulk of this year's roster, is IU as big of a "rebuild" as people say?  I mean ... with a better coach, I think we're 4/5 seed in this year's NCAA (if not higher) .... not sure it's a huge rebuild ...

OT : I'm an AAU coach for a girls basketball team here in Central,Indiana. Just started up a Twitter account for the team in general. If anyone has plenty of followers or may have daughter interested in playing AAU basketball in the future, send me a  PM if interested.

OH yeah, FIRE CREAN.