Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Glass had a chance to hire PJ Fleck and he chose Allen. I love Allen. He did an amazing job. But is he ready? I'm fine with football barely getting by. But if Crean is the future of Indiana Basketball we are seriously F'd.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Did he? That's interesting. Agree Allen was a risky hire, but we'll see how it plays out. I like the move.

On Crean, as long as there is no extension, he is not the future. And all signs point to his departure, not extension.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Doyle is a troll who says things to get clicks on his article.  He actually said in last night's article that IU's best bet was to stick with Crean and let him improve.  What idiot can't see its been 9 years and there's been no improvement?

He is joke of a journalist.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Mike White named SEC COY. He is on my short list. I know some don't think he has done enough yet and I agree. I am going off his ceiling here. If we can't get Billy D might as well get his replacement. On a side note Florida has hit back to back home runs on their coaches maybe we need to hire the firm that they use. Or get their AD lol.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I found the real problem....

realproblem.JPG.40c264f8dfccc36c49f19814e343e6bc.JPG

You're not far off. This stems from the gear from the AAU circuit. Coaches of teams sponsored by Nike in AAU are more inclined to push their guys towards Nike schools in order to keep the money rolling in. Netflix has a good documentary called, "At All Costs" about the AAU world and how it plays into college basketball.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/take_two/take-two-unveiling-a-coaching-wish-list-of-one/article_f7ee6536-aa82-5b4d-9f4b-1406e5d57d26.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Dont know if this is posted already but you guys have been burning through it today lol. Bozich retweeted this.

Yes sir, how I saw it. And that's actually the sports editor of the Columbia paper that wrote it. Hope we can somehow make his wishes come true

Just now, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Mike White named SEC COY. He is on my short list. I know some don't think he has done enough yet and I agree. I am going off his ceiling here. If we can't get Billy D might as well get his replacement. On a side note Florida has hit back to back home runs on their coaches maybe we need to hire the firm that they use. Or get their AD lol.

Mike White is for sure a nice target. 

1- Stevens

2-Billy

3-Archie

4-White

5-Holterman

6-Collins

My wish list. It changes every other day :)

My attitude is towards Crean although Glass is catching up. Indiana made Crean a millionaire and all we have is a sweet 16 banner that will be taken down soon after he leaves. To bring you up to speed, Indiana only hangs championship banners much like not retiring numbers or names on the back of jerseys. We are known for much more than candy stripes started by the General. I don't blame Crean for getting his, but Glass is accountable. All coaches know there is a good chance they will be fired. How many of them do you see get soft landings that you say is so important to potential coaches. BS.

Yeah I'm aware of what IU is known for.

Few coaches have had the nationally perceived success Crean has had, and subsequently been fired. It's important to not alienate the coaches you want to hire before you even get in the door. I don't think this is your typical coaching change, which is why it's in everyone's best interest for this to seem like an amiable transition. A messy breakup just doesn't look good, no matter what. As usual, I doubt we'll agree on this.

I think Glass is an incompetent AD. I have questioned his hire from the beginning. What is his background in sports? No substance there fundamentally.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Very few AD's have a background in sports. It's either Business or Law.

9 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/take_two/take-two-unveiling-a-coaching-wish-list-of-one/article_f7ee6536-aa82-5b4d-9f4b-1406e5d57d26.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Dont know if this is posted already but you guys have been burning through it today lol. Bozich retweeted this.

Yea, i think its a perfect fit.

Mike White is for sure a nice target. 

1- Stevens

2-Billy

3-Archie

4-White

5-Holterman

6-Collins

My wish list. It changes every other day :)

I would throw Bennett or maybe Sean Miller in there but IMO everyone keeps wanting all these big names and that isn't a good model. You pick 3 big names and put all your egg ins and then find 3 guys who have success but potential as well but maybe not a huge name. If you reach out to too many guys you became desperate. Specially when it comes to big names. You see it every year. Most schools go through 10 big names for their program and some get lucky and get one but most end up settling for an up and comer with moderate potential. Billy D, Bennett, Sean are my 3 big names. Archie, White and probably Collins as well as my other 3. No reason we have to go further. The Alford thing worries me though. He took us to woodshed with the Wilkes commitment and I think once it came public he just has that ego to make UCLA fans jealous to act like we begged him. Just a lose lose IMO with Alford.

I wish I was still a student, I think I would have far more useful information. I had a lot of information during our #1 season in 2012-2013. Those were the days..

I'm committed to us getting a new coach, I've been over Crean since Syracuse. My love for IU basketball is hardly there anymore. Could care less if I missed a game. Growing up in HS/MS, i NEVER missed a game. Crean takes my love for IU basketball away.

We need a new face, a new leader, a new vision for iU Basketball. I believe help is on the way. 

As for the intel part, if there is a flight that MDN has information on, I'll get in the car and do my duties. 

I'm with you on this one. I can't stand watching IU like I used too. And a lot if not all of it had to do with Crean. I hate getting my hopes up each year. Only to come back down to earth/reality and realize that as long as he is here we will be mediocre at best. I'm anxiously awaiting the end of the B1G tourney. And I'm hoping that I won't ever have to see Diet Coke and clapping on our side lines again.

13 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I'm really interested to hear about the meeting with Donovan's agent

If someone knows a source for this rumor other than the one post by IUWINS0708 last night, please share.  0708's post was " Meeting with Billy's agent today I was told late last night after I fell asleep " and no one seems to be questioning if it was a joke or not.  God, I do hope it's true, and if so goes well for us, but that post seems more like he was just having a little fun.

2 hours ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

A day in the life of a Hoosier fan right now at this time.  I know that my story is true for most of you on this site.  Before I leave for work try to catch up to the last post on this thread in the morning on the tablet.  As soon as I get to work open this thread up on the work computer try to catch up to the last post that was posted during my commute.  Do some work hit refresh, read some posts, do some work, hit refresh, read some post, do some work (I think you all get the picture).  This goes on all day.  Go home from work open this thread on the tablet catch up on the posts during my commute home.  Carry the tablet with you everywhere when home so you don't get behind.  Go to bed hoping the next day brings the news that we all want.  As the old saying goes "rinse repeat". 

I totally get what you're saying! I obviously want the news to break, but it's kind of fun with the speculation and rampant posts. When it does break, I hope the forum stays this active.