Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) PF Jake Forrester to IU

The problem is every recruit we ever sign people seem to think will come in and get minutes right away. Could he surprise sure but I'm not seeing the numbers to support him playing much the 1st year.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Probably right. But based on roster makeup we might need him to play even if he's not ready.

A lot or that will depend on Race and Clifton.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Probably right. But based on roster makeup we might need him to play even if he's not ready.

A lot or that will depend on Race and Clifton.

I think Forrester's rebounding and rim protection give him a chance for a few minutes. Will be surprised if Race doesn't get most of what Freddie is getting now. I'll believe Moore contributes when I see it. Yeah, he's got tools. But, my Lord, he is so far behind the pace of play. I'm not sure he ever catches up. Looks like a transfer candidate to me. 

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

I think Forrester's rebounding and rim protection give him a chance for a few minutes. Will be surprised if Race doesn't get most of what Freddie is getting now. I'll believe Moore contributes when I see it. Yeah, he's got tools. But, my Lord, he is so far behind the pace of play. I'm not sure he ever catches up. Looks like a transfer candidate to me. 

If the Egyptian from UL can turn into a player, Moore can as well. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

If the Egyptian from UL can turn into a player, Moore can as well. 

Fair point and I hope you're right. But, man, right now he looks like a kid who's taken a couple of years of HS Spanish who just got dropped in the middle of Madrid. I'm sure the staff will be patient with him. Hopefully he's patient enough to stay.

Race will play before jake. Moore will leave imo.

Archie saw something in Forrester that must not be readily apparent.  Time will tell.
Yes crean saw something in priller and April also. It's my opinion he will not play the first season. Your may be different.

Yes crean saw something in priller and April also. It's my opinion he will not play the first season. Your may be different. 

Using who Crean signed as evidence of anything is silly.

That doesn’t mean that any signee is anything other than a “wait and see”, but what do Priller and April have to do with Jake Forrester?

Nothing

Saw on Inside the Hall Jake is coming off a bad ankle.Might explain some of the low out put.
Truth is no one knows what kind of player he'll turn put to be but if he can be any kind of rim protector and rebounder he'll get minutes.We sorely need it.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

They had a pulse and he was desperate, I'm not sure he saw much else.
My point was some coach always sees something in somebody they offer but you cannot project their minutes until they get here. Obvious exceptions are the top 40 type players. Plenty of people thought moore would see a decent amount of minutes. You just dont know.

And they still lose almost half their games. That coach should be fired. Haha

Right! Even if they didn’t have any other D1 recruits they should at least be able to win 80% of their games. They play a tough schedule, but not like Huntington Prep or schools like that.

5 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Yeah that's amazing isn't it. The coach must be awful.

Watched one of their games on the Internet earlier this year and they played like a pickup team.  Think they had even more talent last year and probably toughened their schedule.  Forrester looked like he hung around the basket in that game and Reddish was just everywhere doing his own thing.  Looks like the talent pipeline may have started to dry up.  Don't remember seeing any size except Reddish and Forrester and nobody else stuck in my mind.  Gym was a bandbox.  On the other hand Forrester can move, he is not a Priller, and he certainly plays above the rim.  Reminds me a lot of Moore.