Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Kevin Wilson Resigned

I'm okay with giving coach Allen the job (if he wants it). I know he doesn't have much head coaching experience but his players seem to love him and his enthusiasm. He can also recruit the state programs pretty well. I just hope he can keep most of the staff intact; especially coach Frey and McCullough.

3 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Unless they make the right hire. They made a decent choice with Wilson, he eventually got the results on the field. But if the reports are right, then he isn't the right guy long term. If they make the right hire again with someone who can continue with the current momentum then they'll be fine

Yeah that's true. They better not be afraid to open up the check book, that's really my only feeling on it. We finally have some momentum as a program. The wrong hire will wreck all of that and put us back at square one. I was almost positive he had taken another job when a friend had text me saying he was out. This is crazy. 

Current open jobs in college football:

1) Oregon 2) Indiana??

Baylor normally at #2, but I wouldn't want to touch that mess. ND seems like it'll open up, which would probably jump to #1. There are some real quality names available right now. We may be able to pull something off here...

Tom Allen is the only choice here as the replacement. Only way to avoid mass exodus in the 2017 recruiting class (which is mostly defensive guys). He can bring in one of his guys from his SEC days to run the defense. I'm fine with Johnson and McCollough running the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Current open jobs in college football:

1) Oregon 2) Indiana??

Baylor normally at #2, but I wouldn't want to touch that mess. ND seems like it'll open up, which would probably jump to #1. There are some real quality names available right now. We may be able to pull something off here...

I'd put UH at #2

Just now, Dalton26 said:

I'd put UH at #2

Fair. Definitely close though. Indiana has momentum, money, and the right hire may not need to do much to get us to be a real solid program. Add in the fact that you'd get to play against Harbaugh and Urban Meyers in one of the best conferences in CFB... Someone could REALLY make a name for themselves.

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Fair. Definitely close though. Indiana has momentum, money, and the right hire may not need to do much to get us to be a real solid program. Add in the fact that you'd get to play against Harbaugh and Urban Meyers in one of the best conferences in CFB... Someone could REALLY make a name for themselves.

Also could scare a lot of people. Who wants to compete with Mich, MSU, OSU, and PSU in the Big Ten east? especially knowing it will be hard to recruit the same level of talent to IU and knowing the resources will be lower than those blue blood programs.

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Yeah I think it's close but with UH they have the money(Tillman Fertitta) and it's been a job where coaches go on to big time programs(Sumlin, Briles, & Herman). But like you said the B1G and the opportunity to compete would be a huge draw.