Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Had someone reach out to me regarding news on Brooks from the SAC tourney in Fort Wayne.

In summary, Brooks is not expected to return to North Side next year which could likely mean prep school. Maybe a reclassify.

Other news is Brooks really likes Kansas and was won over by the coach Cal visit. His parents really like Izzo and MSU.

It might be smart for IU to push hard for Watford because the Brooks recruitment sounds way up hill. Sounds like parents lean MSU and Brooks leans UK, KU.

Will share more if anything comes to me. This is all third hand but second hand from people working the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I wouldn't be to upset if we opted to get someone else over Brooks. I have watched Brooks play against top talent twice. Last year during the state championship against Ben Davis and this year against New Albany. I don't think his effort is great and the way he moves is very awkward. I think he has talent but he is not a sure fire instant impact 5 star recruit imo. 

52 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I wouldn't be to upset if we opted to get someone else over Brooks. I have watched Brooks play against top talent twice. Last year during the state championship against Ben Davis and this year against New Albany. I don't think his effort is great and the way he moves is very awkward. I think he has talent but he is not a sure fire instant impact 5 star recruit imo. 

I'm with you. I try to keep my negative opinions to myself, but he's been less than impressive both times I've seen him. Disappears, looks lost at times. Compared to TJD or Phinisee or Langford? Not close. 

I support him for the Indiana thing, but I think he's twitterpated by the celebrity coaches.

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

I'm with you. I try to keep my negative opinions to myself, but he's been less than impressive both times I've seen him. Disappears, looks lost at times. Compared to TJD or Phinisee or Langford? Not close. 

I support him for the Indiana thing, but I think he's twitterpated by the celebrity coaches.

He just strikes me as a kid that is rated 100% on potential. So there is a good chance that he might not reach his potential in after his 1 year of college. I also think he already is looking for someone to tell him what he wants to hear a he can get to the NBA. Watford, TJD, and Hurt are all much safer risks imo.

SAC Holiday Tournament

NORTH SIDE 75, CONCORDIA LUTHERAN 40: Junior Lucas Kroft erupted for 32 points as the Legends cruised into the semifinals.

As Concordia (2-5) focused on limiting Keion Brooks Jr., Kroft hit his first five shots from the field, including a trio of threes, to get off to the hot start.

Brooks Jr. went for 14 points in the win on an effective 6-of-9 from the field.

Austin Boucher finished with seven points, eight rebounds and 10 assists for North Side (8-3), one game removed from sitting out due to a shoulder injury.

Concordia was led by Jadon Dance, who scored nine points off the bench.

North Side will take on Homestead (4-4) at 6:30 p.m. Friday.

Here we go, downplaying a recruit because they will go somewhere else.
It is all to predictable. Anytime we lose a recruit it becomes we didn't need him, he is overrated, he's a head case, etc. Happens every time. If we lose Romeo Mark my words we will be told we don't need a one and done. Also he will be called overrated. Bank it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

At the end of the day, our staff is gonna hafta come with more pitch than just, "stay and be a hometown hero" to many of these top recruits.  That's not enough anymore.  Thats obvious.  We've gotta find more to bring to the table.  Sure that pitch will find it's way into a few hearts of kids here and there but as things evolve and times change, that pitch has struggled.

1 minute ago, IUHAHN82 said:

At the end of the day, our staff is gonna hafta come with more pitch than just, "stay and be a hometown hero" to many of these top recruits.  That's not enough anymore.  Thats obvious.  We've gotta find more to bring to the table.  Sure that pitch will find it's way into a few hearts of kids here and there but as things evolve and times change, that pitch has struggled.

The only thing is to win. IU wins, they will come

5 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Here we go, downplaying a recruit because they will go somewhere else.

I'm not downplaying the kid because his lack of interest in IU. I'm downplaying the kid because he is overrated and if you can look past the 5 star ranking it's easy to see imo. I've seen IU get overrated kids in the past and it hasn't worked well. Parea and Hollowell in recent memory.

I'm not downplaying the kid because his lack of interest in IU. I'm downplaying the kid because he is overrated and if you can look past the 5 star ranking it's easy to see imo. I've seen IU get overrated kids in the past and it hasn't worked well. Parea and Hollowell in recent memory.
Then let's take a pass!

Neither were 5*.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1.) Brooks has been sliding down the rankings. I don't think the evaluators at Rivals and 247 are doing that because they're all IU homers. As I recall, he and Watford were neck and neck in the teens and now Brooks is in the mid 30s on both while Watford has stayed in the teens.

2.) One guy in Fort Wayne saying Brooks might be leaning out of state does not mean a recruitment is over. Especially a recruitment that will last until November 2018 at a minimum.

Damn. Figures. Our brand has been killed inside the state. TJD, Brooks, Watford, and Hurt seem to be our recruiting focus in 2019. If we miss on these instate kids then things get REALLY bad. I hope Hemenway blows up this summer.
Yes things won't be good. The bottom line is until we start winning getting these guys will be very difficult. The IU brand is not good right now and izzo owns Indiana still.