Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

36 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Given the $$ at stake for the NCAA, it would have to become a genuine national emergency before they'd consider such a step.

Could actually get them more money. All of their tournament cash comes from eyeballs on TV screens/ad sales except for probably the final four where they can sell ~100,000+ tickets over Saturday and Monday. 

Edit: I’m admittedly ignorant on this being accurate, but I do know the thing that runs the entire NCAA is NCAA Tournament TV revenue. 

A dubious honor.
With a 71-60 loss to Illinois State today, Evansville finishes 0-18 in Missouri Valley play.  On November 12, the Purple Aces beat No. 1 Kentucky, 67-64.  They are the first team in NCAA history to beat the AP No. 1 team and lose all of their conference games in a single season.

The McCarty fiasco really helped kill the spirit of that team. Seemed they never had any interest in coming together after that

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Tulane on a 11-0 run and take a 1 pt lead. Memphis ball with 26 sec to go. I’m guessing Memphis will pull this out but what a run by Tulane

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Memphis with a 3 to take a 2 pt lead with 14 sec to go. Memphis trying hang on to the bubble

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app