Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Jimmy Jackson with the best “feed the narrative” line of the day so far: the Harris kid from Providence knocks a ball away from Colin Gillespie, saves it from going out of bounds and it results in a tie up that goes to Nova. Webber proceeds to extol the hustle play by Gillespie. The Providence kid literally outhustled him to the ball. But he’s not the kid with the name.

A dubious honor.

With a 71-60 loss to Illinois State today, Evansville finishes 0-18 in Missouri Valley play.  On November 12, the Purple Aces beat No. 1 Kentucky, 67-64.  They are the first team in NCAA history to beat the AP No. 1 team and lose all of their conference games in a single season.

ETSU has came all the way back and are up 1 with 27 sec to go. They can’t afford to lose this game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

W Carolina just nailed a 3 to take the lead and then ETSU comes right back down to nail a 3. Game of the day. ETSU up 1 with 7 sec to go

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The National College Players Association, a nonprofit advocating for the rights and safety of collegiate athletes, is calling on the NCAA to consider holding NCAA tournament games without fans due to its concern over coronavirus.

Full story at:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2020/02/29/coronavirus-national-college-players-association-asks-no-fans-ncaa-tournament/4914636002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The National College Players Association, a nonprofit advocating for the rights and safety of collegiate athletes, is calling on the NCAA to consider holding NCAA tournament games without fans due to its concern over coronavirus.
Full story at:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2020/02/29/coronavirus-national-college-players-association-asks-no-fans-ncaa-tournament/4914636002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I saw that. Better not happen. Wife and I already have our First 4 Dayton tickets

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

I saw that. Better not happen. Wife and I already have our First 4 Dayton tickets

Given the $$ at stake for the NCAA, it would have to become a genuine national emergency before they'd consider such a step.