Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Arkansas - 11/18 @ 3:30 ET

31 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Completely agree here Chuck. Knowing we have the last shot to decide it, why would we not make it the last? Big mistake there and I don’t mean Phin. Can not believe there was no timeout. Jesus, that’s the win right there, what the heck?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I actually loved that he didn't call a timeout there.   Trust in your kids is built with moments like that, and we got a decent look and a terrific opportunity for a put back.  We wouldn't have done a lot better than that even with a timeout.   Too early?  Yeah....I can agree with that.   But I'm not blaming Archie for no timeout.  I might for playing Durham for 36 minutes; and I might put some blame on Justin Smith for giving us almost nothing today; but I don't mind not calling a timeout there.

Edit :  This loss will not hurt Indiana at all come Selection Sunday.  Not one bit.   It's not a good loss; and it's one we can learn from; but were short handed and simply didn't play well.  If I'm Archie Miller; I can't WAIT to show them the film and can't WAIT to talk about missing 5 of 15 free throws and having 18 turnovers.  I HATE losing; but if there's one we can grow from, that was it.

I actually loved that he didn't call a timeout there.   Trust in your kids is built with moments like that, and we got a decent look and a terrific opportunity for a put back.  We wouldn't have done a lot better than that even with a timeout.   Too early?  Yeah....I can agree with that.   But I'm not blaming Archie for no timeout.  I might for playing Durham for 36 minutes; and I might put some blame on Justin Smith for giving us almost nothing today; but I don't mind not calling a timeout there.

Edit :  This loss will not hurt Indiana at all come Selection Sunday.  Not one bit.   It's not a good loss; and it's one we can learn from; but were short handed and simply didn't play well.  If I'm Archie Miller; I can't WAIT to show them the film and can't WAIT to talk about missing 5 of 15 free throws and having 18 turnovers.  I HATE losing; but if there's one we can grow from, that was it.

This loss is why you schedule early season road games. Great learning opportunity, and now we’ll see what this team is capable of based on how they respond and grow.

Couldn't stop Gafford. Loose with the ball. Number of players just didn't show up. It's just one game so no need to overreact. Just like there was no reason to overreact after beating Marquette.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Hope we can get TJD and Brooks. We’ll need an infusion of talent next year. Losing Morgan, McBob, Fitzner and probably Romeo. I’m anxious to see what Race Thompson can do this year for help in the front court.

Cue over-exagerrated take
I go back to this post to question who yours is? Smith has struggled to finish at the rim since he has been here but it was on display today. He may not be my worst if i really thought about it but wirh how athletic the kid is it is maddening to miss the bunny like he does imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I was pretty miffed during the game as I saw one team with considerable skill (IU) play an unskilled team (Ark). 

IU desperately needed Green tonight to handle the ball. It was painful watching DemeZi and Al dribble and try and make things happen. 

No offense to Ark but they have one good player surrounded by utility guys. Disapppinted that the more skilled team lost. 

To IU’s credit they hung tough through a 2nd half deficit and easily could have won there at the end. Refs should never call a tickytack foul like that at the end of a game. That’s just kind of shameful. But, whatever. Sour grapes. 

Kind of puzzled why Davis and even Moore wasn’t used more of their big. Morgan is all of 6’7...seemed like we could have used Moore at least situationally throughout the game. 

This team needs Green to step into a leadership/vocal role of some kind when he comes back. Morgan I know is our guy but we need a guard in that role too imo. Maybe Phinisee by next year..? 

Not impressed with Ark. we shoulda had this game, dangit...

good experience though...

36 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Because 

Yep don’t see us having any chance to be ranked till next month at the earliest now

Safe bet considering there are 2 weeks left and we play UT Arlington and UC Davis this week lol. 

I like showing confidence in kids. I do. If it’s me though, I’m taking that time out. I’m making sure my freshman point guard knows to wait. I’m taking the opportunity to decide who gets the ball and how. Who’s the best option? Could it be a different freshman? It’s not a bad loss and they were a single tip away from taking the lead, so an argument could be made both ways, for me though, it’s the t. I haven’t seen the coaches presser yet but, I bet it gets asked and I bet he says he should have.

I hate that we lost. We shouldn’t have. 18 turnovers. Just the carelessness with the ball. Basically a half without Juwan. That said I would rather lose by 1 on the road than beat Jackoff St by 35 at home in November. This game will help us against Duke and the B1G road games more than a gimme. Moving on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good post.

We battled back down 10.

We were short-handed.

Arkansas might not be as talented as we are, but hopefully they have a productive season.

Good learning experience for our younger team.

Not sure what Ark was in Kenpom before the game but they are 53rd currently. Hardly a bad loss.

3 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Romeo looked good. Couple of lapses of judgment. I think just being a freshman and learning that there are some other great athletes in college and more than in HS. But the kid had a double double still as a guard. When was the last time a guard grabbed 10+ boards? Did Vic or EJ?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

shame Romeo will be there only one year..just think wat he would be after 3-4 years !!

Arkansas coach stated how many deflections they had in the game in his presser. Crean is gonna love the SEC...all kidding aside, I wish Romeo would have taken more chances to take over the game. I can’t stand it when we lose but I’m glad to get it over with now and learn why we did.