Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

18 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

7e1da6efcc23d411815ab9e2b757f822.jpg
Anyone else seen this?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Couple things: For one, if true, would this surprise anybody? I would think not. Second, sorry to admit -- I'm not familiar with Brennan Champion. Is he a legitimate/reliable reporter? Or just another Justin Albers? 

Couple things: For one, if true, would this surprise anybody? I would think not. Second, sorry to admit -- I'm not familiar with Brennan Champion. Is he a legitimate/reliable reporter? Or just another Justin Albers? 

Never heard of him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

With a whopping total of 17 tweets, he's definitely not a full time reporter. A little further digging revealed he's a student assistant at Depauw.

Probably not a troll. More likely hoping to hit a shot in the dark and slide into Andy Katz's job for 2% the cost.

JBJ did just fly to Houston for some undisclosed reason. I've already said, an objective view of the information available says that TB and JBJ are gone. Good for them, they have worked hard to make a career of this, and someone may be willing to pay them. 

1 minute ago, Stromboli said:

Probably not a troll. More likely hoping to hit a shot in the dark and slide into Andy Katz's job for 2% the cost.

JBJ did just fly to Houston for some undisclosed reason. I've already said, an objective view of the information available says that TB and JBJ are gone. Good for them, they have worked hard to make a career of this, and someone may be willing to pay them. 

Teams can start flying out athletes to work them out. 

17 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I have no clue. What I do know though is that I don't mind people smoking kush. But what Troy and his buddies did wasn't cool. And then stealing Luke's autographed basketball on top of it. Just not right

I was being sarcastic.  It's definitely a D move.

Jeff Rabjohns Retweeted Brennan Champion

For those asking, this is not true. It's just somebody making things up and tweeting them out. Again. Look at his 1st 2 tweets.

Jeff Rabjohns added,

Bryant and Blackmon Jr. have both hired agents and will not return to Indiana. This opens up roster spots for Miller. #IUBB @ZachOsterman

My investigative reporting has lead to this thought.

Miller said in one interview the 2017 recruiting class was huge because it would be a 9 player swing if the 2017 kids didn't reaffirm.

So, the math.

3 2017 recruits.

6 Seniors. Hartman, Johnson, Priller, McSwain, Newkirk, Blackmon.

This and the comments about guard depth give me reason to think JBJ may return.

I'm not holding my breath but there are some hints that JBJ could come back.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

My investigative reporting has lead to this thought.

Miller said in one interview the 2017 recruiting class was huge because it would be a 9 player swing if the 2017 kids didn't reaffirm.

So, the math.

3 2017 recruits.
6 Seniors. Hartman, Johnson, Priller, McSwain, Newkirk, Blackmon.

This and the comments about guard depth give me reason to think JBJ may return.

I'm not holding my breath but there are some hints that JBJ could come back.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I think that TB going is extremely likely.
I think that CuJo leaving is as likely as JBj leaving.

0% chance Bryant stays

40% chance Blackmon stays

Those are my completely arbitrary numbers. If Blackmon stays I see Cujo leaving. There won't be time for him next year and we're recruiting some top guards in 2018. The rumors of TB missing classes, him not being at the Hoosier Showcase and Archie not talking about him make me think he has already made his decision. It seems like Blackmon is intrigued by the thought of playing for Archie. I think he wants to play pro ball next year, but I also think he's interested in coming back because of the way Archie would use him.